My players are unhappy

I'm about 20 years into my save as Welling United. Got them promoted to the Prem and just finished my first season two places outside the religation spots.

Now I'm just preparing for the seconds season and hopefully a push into midtable. This is where the problem is though. In the January transfer window, I'd bought 2 young cb's, a AML and a AMC which was the main reason I didnt get religated.

Now, they are all upset with me because I wouldnt sell them. I paid 10mil for the AMC and Man U came in offering 8Mil over 48 months and he's upset? Why would anyone sell their best player for less than you paid over instalments?!?

Anyway, I kind of need advice with what to do. Should I tell them they are staying, knowing that in 3 years time, they will leave on a free? or should I take what the teams are offering and cut my losses?

Plus will them being unhappy, have a effect on the other players?

Thanks

I only ever sell an unhappy player if he isn't a first teamer. If he is a first team player, he stays at my club whether he likes it or not.

Play him regularly, and praise him in team talks and through player interaction as often as you can (i.e every time he has a good run of games). This should hopefully help. Offer him a new contract every now and again as well, as there is a good chance he will eventually sign, and this will rid him of his unhappiness.

Archived