Here's an idea: Comparative Scout reports!

what does everyone think about comparative scout reports?

For example, I want to sign a player out of two options and I'm undecided about who to sign. So I get a comparative scout report on them, with views like 'player A is more driven than player B', 'player B is a better big match player than player A', etc. with their possible transfer fee and wage demands included and a final recommendation like 'Scout X recommends player A amongst the two players selected'.

Can also be expanded for more than 2 players.

Vic, you seem to suggest ideas with arrogance. The idea is alright if I’m understanding him correctly.

1. I didn't suggest anything.

2. I never said his idea wasn't worth merit.

3. You saying I'm arrogant just makes you out to look like an idiot.

1. I didn't suggest anything.

2. I never said his idea wasn't worth merit.

3. You saying I'm arrogant just makes you out to look like an idiot.

1. You told him a way you thought is similar to his idea, that is a suggestion.

2. You were pretty dismissive about his idea.

"You can do something like this when you compare player stats, can you not?”

3. You are arrogant, so I’ll stick with looking like an idiot then.

1. You told him a way you thought is similar to his idea, that is a suggestion.

2. You were pretty dismissive about his idea.

"You can do something like this when you compare player stats, can you not?”

3. You are arrogant, so I’ll stick with looking like an idiot then.

1. And how exactly did I offer that "suggestion" arrogantly?

2. I began the discussion of his idea with a question. Forgive me if I didn't explode into worship.

3. Funny how so few people think I'm arrogant, and how a lot more think I'm a good member of these forums, isn't it? I don't think your opinion is worth more than the majority in this case.

1. And how exactly did I offer that "suggestion" arrogantly?

2. I began the discussion of his idea with a question. Forgive me if I didn't explode into worship.

3. Funny how so few people think I'm arrogant, and how a lot more think I'm a good member of these forums, isn't it? I don't think your opinion is worth more than the majority in this case.

I was offering you a way of doing what you wanted to do (with obvious limitations) now. No need to get snarky.

Arrogant. I know this isn’t the offering of the idea, but was it needed? He wasn’t getting snarky.

2. I never said you should worship him, but you offered nothing to the discussion. Telling him he can do something similar (which you can’t) isn’t really helpful.

3. Well that really says something doesn’t it mate. I’ve thought you are arrogant when I sometimes come across your posts. I’d say there’s a lot more than ones who have spoken up.

1. Arrogant. I know this isn’t the offering of the idea, but was it needed? He wasn’t getting snarky.

I call this:

Err mate, you know what I meant.

Why do you get a scout report on a player then when you an view 'everything' in his profile?

Snarky.

2. I never said you should worship him' date=' but you offered nothing to the discussion. Telling him he can do something similar (which you can’t) isn’t really helpful.[/quote']

Offering an idea of something he can do that is similar is helpful.

3. Well that really says something doesn’t it mate. I’ve thought you are arrogant when I sometimes come across your posts. I’d say there’s a lot more than ones who have spoken up.

I have a lot of friends on this forum, and a lot of people who respect me. There may be one or two, like you, who see me disagreeing with someone, and automatically scream "arrogant", but that's not the way the world works. Can't please everybody, can you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandy

1. Arrogant. I know this isn’t the offering of the idea, but was it needed? He wasn’t getting snarky.

I call this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by el sid

Err mate, you know what I meant.

Why do you get a scout report on a player then when you an view 'everything' in his profile?

Snarky.

Quote:

2. I never said you should worship him, but you offered nothing to the discussion. Telling him he can do something similar (which you can’t) isn’t really helpful.

Offering an idea of something he can do that is similar is helpful.

Quote:

I have a lot of friends on this forum, and a lot of people who respect me. There may be one or two, like you, who see me disagreeing with someone, and automatically scream "arrogant", but that's not the way the world works. Can't please everybody, can you?

1. If anything, it’d be frustration. You knew what he meant, and you offered a completely different idea. Everyone knows you can compare two players, what he wanted is a scout to compare every aspect in a report, and possibly more than just two players.

2. I can’t see what help it was. It’s like someone asking for directions to the shops, and you take them to the library. Your suggestion wasn’t related to his idea.

3. That’s great, I don’t know how to add people on here. But I’m not going to get into an argument with who has more friends, it’s immature and means nothing. I don’t automatically scream “arrogant”, if you read correctly, I’ve thought it for a while, but kept it to myself.

Anyways, I can’t see this being resolved, and it’s just a petty argument, so I’ll just leave it where it is. Try and be a little less arrogant next time mate. :thup:

1. If anything, it’d be frustration. You knew what he meant, and you offered a completely different idea. Everyone knows you can compare two players, what he wanted is a scout to compare every aspect in a report, and possibly more than just two players.

He can't do it now, so I offered an alternative.

2. I can’t see what help it was. It’s like someone asking for directions to the shops' date=' and you take them to the library. Your suggestion wasn’t related to his idea.[/quote']

So comparing scout reports and comparing player data... are what? Two completely different ideas? How long you been playing the game?!

3. That’s great' date=' I don’t know how to add people on here. But I’m not going to get into an argument with who has more friends, it’s immature and means nothing. I don’t automatically scream “arrogant”, if you read correctly, I’ve thought it for a while, but kept it to myself.[/quote']

I'd have preferred it if you'd continued to keep it to yourself.

Anyways' date=' I can’t see this being resolved, and it’s just a petty argument, so I’ll just leave it where it is. Try and be a little less arrogant next time mate. :thup:[/quote']

What the hell gives you the right to come onto this forum, call me arrogant, and then back out again?

If you can't face up to an argument that you started, don't start it in the first place.

He can't do it now, so I offered an alternative.

I don’t see you offering anything. Technically yes, you can do this, but it’s too much fiddling, and gets considerably more difficult to do with more than two players.

So comparing scout reports and comparing player data... are what? Two completely different ideas? How long you been playing the game?!

Yes, I would say they are. A scout report is an opinion, player data isn’t. A scout report is based off player data (or the scouts thoughts on him). Getting a comparative report on several players would help immensely, as it would with other players. Can I just clarify if you are for or against this idea?

I’ve played since 2006, not that it really matters. Considering I’m from a country where football isn’t that big, I’d say my knowledge would rival yours buddy, if not surpass it.

I'd have preferred it if you'd continued to keep it to yourself.

I’d prefer if you weren’t so arrogant. For several people to form these opinions of you, you must be doing something wrong mate.

What the hell gives you the right to come onto this forum, call me arrogant, and then back out again?

If you can't face up to an argument that you started, don't start it in the first place.

I don’t see a right which tells me I can’t. The reason I am backing away is because this is not the place for an argument. You’re more than welcome to message me and continue via that, if you’re that childish. I’m not going to reply to this post, as we’re disrespecting the OP’s thread now.

Play nice children.

1. LOL

2. I like the idea:thup:; i think with time it could be implemented well. Personally I think they should work on training first though.

3. I don't think it would be very effective for lower league teams.

4. I can count higher than all of you!

1. LOL

2. I like the idea:thup:; i think with time it could be implemented well. Personally I think they should work on training first though.

3. I don't think it would be very effective for lower league teams.

4. I can count higher than all of you!

Hahaha, damn you and your fancy counting. :p

Replying to your number three, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be effective for lower leagues. You’d look for different stats (physical ones IIRC), and maybe the scout could take this into account?

And I agree, training needs refining first and foremost. :thup:

Also, could the scout take playing history into account, and maybe suggest how they think he’ll cope in the game. eg, a Spanish lower league player may struggle in the English low tiers, or he may excel because of the difference in styles. Just a suggestion. :p

ARROGANCE ARROGANCE!!

It's a good idea. Yes, you can compare player stats - but if we're talking realism then ed sid's idea is a good'un. No manager in the game itself has access to stats like us lot do on FM - comparative coach reports (provided they were well implemented) would be wonderful, equally so comparative scout reports.

Also worth noting that for those who play with some hidden attributes, it's impossible to fully compare stats and therefore a comparative scout report would be useful.

Yes this idea would be interesting.

It would help realism but it can be done to an extent in the game.

Replying to Gandy about effective for lower league teams...

I think we are forgetting that most scouts, at least at low levels can't be trusted. (Ex. coach reports.) So if you can't trust your scouts this might not be useful? I don't know.. I had a lightbulb and brain laspe all at once if you know what I mean.:p

It's getting pretty tiresome going into every thread and seeing an argument. Keep it on topic, last chance. If you don't like the way another user posts, add them to your ignore list.

How do I do this?

Yes this idea would be interesting.

It would help realism but it can be done to an extent in the game.

Replying to Gandy about effective for lower league teams...

I think we are forgetting that most scouts, at least at low levels can't be trusted. (Ex. coach reports.) So if you can't trust your scouts this might not be useful? I don't know.. I had a lightbulb and brain laspe all at once if you know what I mean.:p

Welcome to my world, happens all the time :p

I have often thought about this and wondered if it would be in any of the last two or three editions of FM, alas to no avail.

:thup: to the OP for bringing it up, hopefully it will be a function of FM11.

Archived