Player Selection...

two things i should probably consider but dont, but then im not sure if i should?

1. player morale? while their form maybe good, and their stats, they're low, and vice versa, does it affect them much?

2. whether other players in the side like them or not, pretty irritating when its your best player

two things i should probably consider but dont, but then im not sure if i should?

1. player morale? while their form maybe good, and their stats, they're low, and vice versa, does it affect them much?

2. whether other players in the side like them or not, pretty irritating when its your best player

i have a 3. player happiness overall

i did a mini test, my Stevenage team was in great form, killing Man Utd 4-0 and beating Blackburn 4-1 (with a man sent off) and then on the last day of the january transfer window i sold my England international left back (regen) because he was only performing at around 6.7 (anyone below 7 gets sold lol and i just signed gareth bale's regen) and this made alot of my team unhappy

so next game against middlesborough (who were 16th and play 4-4-2) i played my normal first team, in a 4-3-3 and they could only manage a 0-0 draw (to me this is a shocking result :o) this made me think that players being unhappy may make a big difference (bigger than i realised anyway lol). so i reloaded up the game (thought id point out now that i took a 0-0 later and gained no advantage from this test) and tried the same line up with a different formation 4-4-2 and still 0-0, then i tried the same basic team in a Jambo Dave's 3-5-2 and still 0-0.

then i went back to my original 4-3-3 and only selected players who weren't unhappy and we walked the match 2-0. this is when i reloaded up the game for a final time to get a 0-0 draw just to reiterate this point

so in conclusion, a happy team play better lol a bit obvious but i just thought abit of research to back it up would help and this proves that the best players dont always equal the best team :)

• SI Staff

Just to clarify a little - morale does as you've gathered have a fair bit of effect however you'll find its a bigger effect on younger players, both if they get cocky or depressed - older players generally have slightly more level heads and weather things a little better.

Secondly there are certain players who actually play BETTER when things are going wrong, for instance some players might be unhappy that you've criticised them and try even harder to impress you - its up to you to work out who is whom and use things to the best advantage for your team.

That would be way down in the editor features to add and SI won't add it due to them wanting to stay realistic.

I imagine the editor features to add would look something like this:

>Adding new players/managers/competitions etc...

>Editing individual stats/DOB

>Loans

>Team colour edits

>Further competition editing

etc...

• SI Staff
can we incorporate what john terry did into the next FM? amongst other things similar 'off the ball'

No I won't - I don't think its appropriate to sensationalize things like that, we incorporate a vague 'has personal problems' to incorporate the effects of any non-football issues which a player might have, this keeps things realistic without any other issues.

(yeah you can tell I'm an old git with kids can't you ;) )

Archived