First non ridiculous transfer fee :)

Was taken completly suprise when i got a bid of 16m accepted from inter for mario balotelli considering thats what he was valued at.

When i made the bid he wasnt transfer listed either - was considering his options and considering a new contract from Inter.

Thank god i didnt follow the advice in his report too :D

balotelliv.jpg

That has become a ridiculous part of patch .2. Can't believe how stupid it is. On the previous version you could get Defour, Rossi and Beck for decent prices. Now it comes back with 'Standard will accept £28.7m for Defour' :mad:

I put in an offer of £19.75m up front and £4.5m over 48 months. They came back with a negotiation of £30.2m!!!!

I swear, on my Napoli game, i had 3 offers in for Beck, Defour and Renan with payments plus incentives. All came back asking for exactly £27.8m (with different set ups) :mad:

Bloody ridiculous.

Wow, a big-league player where you're not charged over 3 times the value? In the immortal words of Jeremy Clarkson, '"In the immortal words of Basil Fawlty, we ought to have him stuffed"

Yep as i say i was completly suprised when i got the message saying it was accepted and wasnt being negotiated with for some large amount - was expecting them to refuse and me ending up nearer the 30m mark

That has become a ridiculous part of patch .2. Can't believe how stupid it is. On the previous version you could get Defour, Rossi and Beck for decent prices. Now it comes back with 'Standard will accept £28.7m for Defour' :mad:

I put in an offer of £19.75m up front and £4.5m over 48 months. They came back with a negotiation of £30.2m!!!!

I swear, on my Napoli game, i had 3 offers in for Beck, Defour and Renan with payments plus incentives. All came back asking for exactly £27.8m (with different set ups) :mad:

Bloody ridiculous.

I'm with 10.2 and Standard accepted a £12m offer.

It may be dependant on the clubs financial situation, eg. if the other club is financially secure and your club 's balance shows you are rich, they may want more. If they are in sh** and your balance is around the players value, they may sell it, considering that you are unable to pay more. Just guessing though.

It may be dependant on the clubs financial situation, eg. if the other club is financially secure and your club 's balance shows you are rich, they may want more. If they are in sh** and your balance is around the players value, they may sell it, considering that you are unable to pay more. Just guessing though.

Nope i know for a fact i'm listed as rich and just checked inter and they are too.

Transfer listed players almost always sell for their listed value I have found.

He wasnt listed when i made the bid - and considering he's listed as indespensible i doubt he would of been as they arn't strapped for cash.

Bloody ridiculous.

My personal favourite is FRED.

I put a £7m bind in for him (now to me thats probs a little too much to start with) they instantly rejected it. So i really wanted him so put £9m which was knocked back only for them to say they will settle for a deal worth £19.5m straight up (and the best part of the deal) + £17.5m over 6 months:eek: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:confused:

But in the screenshot it says he is transfer listed so its not surprising they said yes... anyway. This is what i would have said if they just randomly accepted it :)

I had this randomly happen on patch 1 where i offered 2.7mil for di maria (his value) and they accepted it straight away. Never had it with anyone else. Afterwards there was a media report from a benfica legend saying how he couldn't believe they have let him go for such a stupid price.

I n the end i couldn't really get him to play that well anyway lol :p

Hmmm i did notice that but i'm 90% sure he wasnt listed at the time of my bid - that screenshot was taken a few days later then when i made the bid.

Maybe he was though, only thing i remember seeing when making the bid though was that he was just currently negotiating a new contract but was considering his options (did look on the transfer page too and only saw he was listed as 16m)

Hmmm i did notice that but i'm 90% sure he wasnt listed at the time of my bid - that screenshot was taken a few days later then when i made the bid.

Maybe he was though, only thing i remember seeing when making the bid though was that he was just currently negotiating a new contract but was considering his options (did look on the transfer page too and only saw he was listed as 16m)

did he have a buy out clause on his contract for 16m? that way inter would have to sell him

The point someone made about the club being rich may have made sense but i tried with Juve and then Valencia after Napoli and it didn't seem to help. Maybe it has something to do with the stature of the club?

I liked the way it was previously because it gave you a chance in the opening window to move players around and build a squad that would suit your system. Now you can't because even if you build up a decent kitty by selling a very good player who doesn't fit the system you have a hell of a time replacing them because Hoffenheim ask for close to £30m for Andreas Beck!!!!!!

I understand the concept because nothing makes certain players unhappy like rejecting bids from teams where they want to play. I find it works if i negotiate a price slightly above the asking and they tend to go away. The player remains happy and you get to keep him this way, but i do work on the principle that everyone has a price, i just refuse to believe that Defour and Beck are worth £30m!!!

Rant over :D

To be frank, I find the fact that the AI can constantly reject bids of up to 10 times their players' values and not unsettle them far worse! Happened with L'Pool as I offered incrementally more for Di Maria (from 25 to 30 mil) with the AI constantly rejecting my bids. Di Maria however was just happy with it - no sign of b*i*ching! However, when the AI (Chelesea) comes and makes an offer for Veloso (AC Milan) and I refuse it he immediately gets pi**ed off!

Absurd!

SI should just double every player's listed value in the next patch, then we might not hear all this tiresome whining about the horror of actually having to pay slightly over the odds for a player happy, settled, and under contract at a club which doesn't want to sell him.

Just because his stated value is "X" doesn't mean you should have every single bid of "X" accepted every single time. It's not at all unrealistic, stop whining ffs.

Edit - At the OP - I realise YOU weren't whining this time, but GD is chock full of it

Was never interested in him, never praised him before...got him for 14.25 million.

andreigrigorev.png

I think the problem is clubs are willing to let go of unhappy players a little too easily...once they are unhappy, they will try to sell them at the value price which at times is pretty low.

Was never interested in him, never praised him before...got him for 14.25 million.

andreigrigorev.png

I think the problem is clubs are willing to let go of unhappy players a little too easily...once they are unhappy, they will try to sell them at the value price which at times is pretty low.

I def agree there, player gets unhappy the selling club will let you take them for pittance, the more important thing is in your screenshot why the hell is Lyon offering 4.4m quid + clauses for anton ferdinand, that to me seems a little unrealistic in 2015.....

did he have a buy out clause on his contract for 16m? that way inter would have to sell him

Nope - just loaded up a save that had him on the contract he had when i bought him - and he doesnt have any buy out clause (checked with FMRTE).

I'm guessing i was just lucky and the AI decided to sell him in the hope of getting money from him instead of his contract expiring later that year if he didnt sign a new contract as he was currently considering his options and negotiating a new contract.

As i said i'm pretty sure he wasnt transfer listed till after i got my bid accepted.

Was he playing, then if not your bid may have lead to a transfer demand which was accepted, I've seen Balotelli get very upset at Inter very easily in both 09 and 10.

P.S. the reason he is upset in real life is not because he is a cry-baby it is because of the racism. If even your own fans are throwing bananas at you after you scoring the winning goal in a match then you'd be upset.

As i said i'm pretty sure he wasnt transfer listed till after i got my bid accepted.

Oh right sorry but are you sure when the bid was accepted he wasn't transfer listed? I can't believe they'd sell him for that.

It'd be helpful if people read the post before replying.

Missed that sentence or it vanished from my mind within about a few seconds.

Was he playing, then if not your bid may have lead to a transfer demand which was accepted, I've seen Balotelli get very upset at Inter very easily in both 09 and 10.

P.S. the reason he is upset in real life is not because he is a cry-baby it is because of the racism. If even your own fans are throwing bananas at you after you scoring the winning goal in a match then you'd be upset.

Could be the reason then - he had only played 6 games at inter this season (signed him just as the window opened in January)

EDIT: and i assumed the transfer listing was due to my bid as he definatly wasnt listed as unhappy just considering his options

I just had a similar situation with Wesley Sneijder... I bid, then they put him on the transfer list after they accepted my offer... I presumed it was so they could try and attract more interest from other clubs.

There is too much of a difference in transfer fees for non-listed vs transfer listed players. Normally you have to pay way over the odds for anyone and yet transfer listed players are most of the time an abosolute bargain. Players wanting to leave does drive the price down IRL but not as much. Berbatov basically refused to play for Spurs and yet it still took United 30.75m to sign him.

In my game, United offered me Ljajic for 6m and I've seen quite a few quality players which would normally cost 25-30m go for 7-8m.

I signed a 28 year old MC for 20m. Next season his value is back to 6m and Madrid come in with an offer which i negotiate to 20m to get my money back. They withdraw and the player puts in a transfer request. Later, they bid 9m which my chairman accepts because the offer was too good to turn down?! :confused: Seems like transfer listed players are valued very low by the game and everyone else is too expensive.

There is too much of a difference in transfer fees for non-listed vs transfer listed players. [...] Seems like transfer listed players are valued very low by the game and everyone else is too expensive.

To some degree, yes. I mean realistically there's just no reason to sell your star player if you're not getting paid top dollar, but this kind of refusal to let somebody go for a civilised price happens too often in FM --- and if some player really sucks for you, you'd often give them away for free, but in FM this is also pretty harsh and drastic, like Real at the start of the game deciding that Gago and Diarra are now available for virtually zero cash.

(Not that they don't do that IRL with some players, but it's just bad business.)

Plus the game often makes it too hard to see that there's a fire sale somewhere for some cool player, so you only find it out later, right when Sevilla sold Konko for 1.5 million to PSG. In that vein I'd want a subscription option that tells me whenever anybody makes an offer for a top 500 player -- in my Inbox, not in that unhelpful media screen.

I got Dzagoev for £11 million, but he was transfer listed and unhappy at Shakhtar; that was a steal. That same transfer season, I tried pretty much everything to get Luis Suarez from Ajax; I was offering £20 million, they weren't going to discuss anything under like £35 million. I was listed as one of his favored people, and he was definitely interested in moving, but he also never got unhappy that Ajax was turning down bids for him left and right (of course, Ajax was his favorite club and they made it pretty far in the CL, so maybe that played into it).

I find free transfers can be really lucrative if you pay attention; in FM'09 I got Lloris on a free, and I snagged Modric on a free in FM'10.

Yesterday in my monthly meeting my Ass man suggested Landon Donavon as a striker. I they were asking under a mil. I think it was 836,000. So I made them that offer and it was accepted right away. I was kind of shocked.

Pleased as well.

MM

isnt he available on a free when game starts;)

Thats a decent offer for Balotelli, Inter asked me to cough up around £23m for him in the first season.

There is nothing better than signing a player on the cheap, its a good feeling

yes you are right there;)

got huntelaar on cheap in 09...........think 7.5m:thup:

signed him january then realised he had played for 2 clubs and was banned for rest of season.................thought it too good, got a bit excited when bid was accepted didnt read it properly:o:o

Archived