Italian Reserves League

So after turning my Arsenal side into demigods I was getting bored so I decided to pick up after the mess Juventus was in, and, after over a whole season of hearing my players b**** about the lack of football they're getting, I finally noticed that my Reserves team didn't have a league to play in.

I almost always manage English/Spanish sides so this was pretty new to me. I'm currently letting them pounce on my kids but I still have to go through the trouble of arranging the matches so is there an easier way to organize my reserves team's matches for the season and give them a better variety of opponents?

Loan/co-ownership is the way to go in Italy. There is no Reserves league. It's why they have Under-20s instead of Under-18s, for example. I actually think it's a better system, but hey...

You shouldn't in general have too many "reserves" in Italy as there's few matches for them to play in unless you arrange friendlies.

You can play some old guys in the U20 leagues. But there is a cap on the amount per match. They should just remove the cap and make it like the Bundesliga. Where you entire your reserve league in a lower division. That way old players can help out younger players and injured player can get fit or backups can stay fit. The quality in the U20 is horrid. Normally in England I just accept only the Reserve League and reject the U18. I sack all the garbage regens I get and move the good ones to the Reserve Squad with my backup players.

In Italy I'm forced to have a small squad otherwise there will be players just rotting in a useless reserve system. I don't know why clubs don't just make a reserve league of their own, like just make up friendlies and give out a trophy. Not that hard unless the Italian FA really clamps down on it which I doubt. If Italy gets a Premier League they might put in a Reserves league.

Archived