Is it ok to tank it?

I always lose the match after a cup match loss, even when I field my second team. Perhaps the game recognises that you almost changed your whole starting 11 and decreases the hidden (if there's any) team gelling factor? Either way, good luck!

I just lost 5-1 to Hull with my first team (I am Sheff Wed in League 1) but the damn laptop crashed. So forget it, I'm gonna use my backups this time, save my fitness for the league. Normally I will do a mixture for cup games, resting those with bad condition

Actually it was 5-2 first time, second time lost 5-0!!

As a side note, regarding the post match press conference, can I ever please the whinging squad??

First time round I said "I was a little dissapointed" with going out

Secondly I said "It will give us a chance to focus elsewhere"

Both times the game said "they would not react well"

Well i would have look at Minium expection your board expects to reach in this Cup before deciding what team to put out. As if they expect you to progress further then you currently are they won't be happy with this and if you don't achieve the goals set for LEague and FA Cup that will only make matters worse.

So best check expection for that comp and then maybe do mixture of players, i tend to rest key players and play backup players and some youth player, depending on oppostion as don't forget a lose is not very helpful in morale for youth players and reserve players either. So you need to way it up base on your team, board expections and what players you have availble.

Well i would have look at Minium expection your board expects to reach in this Cup before deciding what team to put out. As if they expect you to progress further then you currently are they won't be happy with this and if you don't achieve the goals set for LEague and FA Cup that will only make matters worse.

So best check expection for that comp and then maybe do mixture of players, i tend to rest key players and play backup players and some youth player, depending on oppostion as don't forget a lose is not very helpful in morale for youth players and reserve players either. So you need to way it up base on your team, board expections and what players you have availble.

This.

A mixture of players helps you have half a chance and not to get blown out.

Archived