Nation once again

I want to manage my nation again after taking charge a few seasons earlier... Im just wondering will they want to re-hire me as i left before?... Maybe im another Steve Staunton lol best forgotton in the past. Anyone ever manage the same nation twice?

Unfortunately SI decided that if you leave a club/nation under any circumstance then they will forever hate you; even if you won 20 consecutive titles. If you want to rejoin an old club, you need to use an editor to remove the bad relationship.

Really? I know about this with clubs, but with nations I've never found it a problem. I've only managed one nation on FM10 so far but on FM09 I used to have old countries I'd managed repeatedly offer me the job back with me applying!

There isn't much of a problem managing the same nation repeatedly. I took over Ivory Coast before the 2010 World Cup, got beat by Portugal in the Quarter Finals after defeating England in the 2nd Round before deciding to quit after the tournament. After the next African Nations they sacked their manager for a poor performance in the tournament and approached me to see if I'd like to take over the reigns once again. I decided to turn it down though seen as Drogba and co were coming towards the end of their careers :)

as long as there isn't someone more qualified then you shouldn't have an issue. I had a short (a very very poor) run with the Czech Rep at the beginning of my career, and they have asked me back 3 times since due to very good runs with Italy, Spain, and now Mexico.

Archived