Fm2010 gameplay

Hi just asking if any of had any problems when you finished a Division 1 team to go to the championship and you cant win when you get there no matter wot players you got and team tactics you play trying to find this out with Sigames but like always they wont help

hope it get's better with the new patch

That's quite normal me thinks, just try and avoid relegation on your first season. You'll be surprised on how much better the same team will perform on their second season. There's a number of reasons for that, I'm sure it's covered many times in these forums :)

That's quite normal me thinks, just try and avoid relegation on your first season. You'll be surprised on how much better the same team will perform on their second season. There's a number of reasons for that, I'm sure it's covered many times in these forums :)

thanks for your responce but its very frustrating you have some decent players in and you get beat by plymouth i bought all youth english players like randall, lansbury and cani and i still had beckford and howson the game play is not even

Thats strange, I was Notts County and brought them up to the prem with back to back promotions. I lost about 10 games but won about 25-32 and absolutely dominated the championship. I disagree with this and I find that most of the team I had from the division below helped me get promotion.

Thats strange, I was Notts County and brought them up to the prem with back to back promotions. I lost about 10 games but won about 25-32 and absolutely dominated the championship. I disagree with this and I find that most of the team I had from the division below helped me get promotion.
i play leeds i try and play a 4-4-2 formation i buy what i can someone else play leeds and if anybody can do better than me where the team was not performimg and losing to easy teams let me no

thanks for your responce but its very frustrating you have some decent players in and you get beat by plymouth i bought all youth english players like randall, lansbury and cani and i still had beckford and howson the game play is not even

Well I trust it has to do with team's and players' reputation to a certain degree. Like IRL, let's say a team used to perform in front of 5,000 people in League 1 suddenly visit Newcastle and find themselves playing in front of 40,000 opposition fans.. not easy to adjust.

My Assistant Manager kept telling me how are playres seem to be in awe when facing bigger teams on my first season in the EPL, although my player's abilities were "not-that-bad". I was struggling to even get a draw.

Well maybe it's just my tactics ofc :D

Well I trust it has to do with team's and players' reputation to a certain degree. Like IRL, let's say a team used to perform in front of 5,000 people in League 1 suddenly visit Newcastle and find themselves playing in front of 40,000 opposition fans.. not easy to adjust.

My Assistant Manager kept telling me how are playres seem to be in awe when facing bigger teams on my first season in the EPL, although my player's abilities were "not-that-bad". I was struggling to even get a draw.

Well maybe it's just my tactics ofc :D

but wot player you buy like randall played for arsenal cani for a italian side they have very ggod stats and if you get a player to old they go

down in stats and dont do enough in training look at the potential of Randall Landsbury Cani, Yafer, Scott Robertson, Matt Mills, Heaton, David Martin, Howson, Beckford, Rhys Murphy Becchio, Snodgrass, Davenport etc to name a few i should win the league

but wot player you buy like randall played for arsenal cani for a italian side they have very ggod stats and if you get a player to old they go

down in stats and dont do enough in training look at the potential of Randall Landsbury Cani, Yafer, Scott Robertson, Matt Mills, Heaton, David Martin, Howson, Beckford, Rhys Murphy Becchio, Snodgrass, Davenport etc to name a few i should win the league

the teamtalk was rubbish also i had a asst manager with management of 15 motivating skills of 19 and it did make any difference to win the game to spur on the players even i used for the fans but when i used that in the 2009 game it would spur them on

Well I happen to know just Matt Mills of the ones you name, the lad played for me in Redditch from 2015 (Championship) to 2019 (EPL) - got him for free when Reading released him and he made a total of 76 appearances with an average of 7.00

I can only assume the rest of the players you got are good ones, but let me give you an example:

Look at this Striker's History: How well we was playing in Italy before I got him, how awfully he played for me on his first season. He couldn't just "gel" into the team. Then I let him on a loan, he plays somewhat better while there because, presumably, he doesn't feel the same pressure (he was expected to be my leading scorer, team's star player etc) and comes back next year for a proper preaseason training along with the team, leading to him scoring 17 times in 38 games with an average of 7.09 - not bad at all if you think I'm a relegation candidate Redditch team playing in the EPL.

Hope I made some sense :)

babacar.jpg

Why would you realistically expect to be winning when promoted? 90% of the time promoted teams struggle badly - its the way it is.

Theres obvious exceptions to the rule, but just becoz you have a winning team in a poorer league dont mean its gonna instantly win against better opposition.

i except i might loose against the teams that come down from the premiership but i play against plymouth, coventry, and teams like that, but its the teamtalk if i get a asst manager of 19 on motivating players uses the same teamtalk if they were 6 for the fans in 2008 and 2009 games i used that and my players would play better, i use it 2010 game i get nothing from them to perform better and if you have a captain and vice captain in the team they should motivate the players if your losing or not performing but i get nothing from them only if you replace them when they are unhappy

Why let your assman do the team talks. That is one of the primary jobs of the manager!

IRL yes, but I still think the results produced by team talks is utterly hit and miss. And I'm not 100% they have any bearing on reality.

Archived