How to become unsackable?

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I always start off with Sunderland with the intention of having a career game, but once I've been given the sack I can't be bothered to start off with a new club six years down the line. I'd have liked the challenge of dealing with the fall out of relegation and getting back to the PL but I can never manage it as despite Sunderland being not that much of a great team I think you can't get relegated without getting the sack.

When I have tried giving long contracts its never properly worked and a few seasons later the contract ended even though it said there was time to run on it, so im not sure.

Perhaps the game only recognises a certain length of contract then? Say 5 years? A bit like the age thing, you can put your date of birth in but you still only ever be a minimum of 25 is it? Despite your d.o.b saying your 15 for example.

It seems another thread that is in favour of an "unsackable" OPTION.

I hope SI do look into this feature as it will make career games longer and more enjoyable for some, and for others who do not wish to use it they will not have to.

IIRC fifa 09 has this option aswell, however if it were to be in fm it would make building up a rubbish team to world beaters in a number of years a lot more appealing.

It seems another thread that is in favour of an "unsackable" OPTION.

I hope SI do look into this feature as it will make career games longer and more enjoyable for some, and for others who do not wish to use it they will not have to.

IIRC fifa 09 has this option aswell, however if it were to be in fm it would make building up a rubbish team to world beaters in a number of years a lot more appealing.

It's not a feature I would be particularly interested, because I quite like nomadic careers anyway, but I absolutely agree that there's many people who would be interested in this as an option and wonder if it could be something to consider.

I admit that realism is a big thing in FM, that's why I check the box for no transfers in the first window, make myself a Sunday League player and don't like the idea of retiring and adding myself again when I'm sacked. I started my current game in the intention that when I got the sack I'd go on to look for another club and make a career game of it, but after two pre season friendlies with Colchester I soon became bored. Yes, realism is important, but even more important than that is to enjoy playing FM, I just want to manage Sunderland through good times and bad, and it seems not possible to ever have the challenge of getting Sunderland relegated and then having a season in the Championship. Still, they might be there from the start in next season's game although that's not really the same.

I can manage to become Untouchable.

You need to perform well on the pitch of course but also you need to have tight control of finances AND a good dressing room atmosphere. I have never actually been sacked in FM. Ever. So I don't really understand why people find it such a burden ..

Perhaps, if possible in your situation, you could just agree on a lower expectation for the season? Currently I'm on my Arsenal save and while I am usually up there challenging for the title and have won it past 2 season my chairman accepts me going for a "EURO Cup (guess it is Europa League?) through participation in the league". This means I could finish much lower than I would expect and still keep my job.

Though I would too like to see unsackable in the game in the future. It wouldn't take anything away from the game at all, you play as you wish and those that doesn't want to use it won't have to. Sometimes I just feel like playing one team and loose interest when/if I am sacked. It would give one more freedom to experiment as well and still be able to retain the job.

Archived