Please fix this.

My assistant is offered a coaching job, so I offer him 20k a week so that he doesn't leave, he rejected my contract offer of 20k saying the basic wage is unacceptable. I go and look at what he accepted, it was 13k a week.

Now bear in mind, I was his favoured personel and he was at his favourite club. He went from an assistant to a coaching roll, which is a step down, and lets not forget that he accepted 13k as a coach, instead of 20k as an assistant manager (which is officially what his job is).

This is becoming a real pain in the butt as the season kicks off two days after he leaves. It's not the first time it has happened either.

Any idea if this will be fixed for the new patch?

The same thing has happened twice to me.

My assistant manager at the start of the season was offered a role as coach by newly-promoted Bolton, so I offered him a new contract almost doubling his wages and he rejected me and went to Bolton. They're not in his 'favoured teams' list, he never once stated his interest in the job to the press and i've just checked his wages at Bolton and he's only being paid slightly more than he was here, but certainly not as much as I was offering in his new contract. Annoying.

Then about a month ago Man City nicked one of my first team coaches. This one I can understand more because they're obviously a bigger club and even though I practically offered him twice the pay he admitted his interest in the job.

Archived