10.3/FM 11 request: Realistic world cup hosts

Hi,

In FM, the game seems to choose random World Cup hosts. What I would like would be for 2018 and 2022 to be played in a country bidding for the tournaments in real life, and in later years have it follow the current FIFA rules of it being in a different continent to the last two World Cups. The same could be done for other tournaments with hosting rules. Is this idea possible?

i do get sick of seeing the same ones pop up all the time.

like there only seems to be a select of 12 countries that can host it.

in one of the long term saves ive seen South africa have it 3 times in 100 years no other african nations have had it.

like no small countries seem to get it and there arent any joint bids ever either

The whole International side of the game needs a revamp. For instance, even though I have thought it should be in the game for about ten years, it seems SI STILL don't realise that nations have 3 friendlies directly before the World Cup.

I remember in CM01-02 Canada would host World Cups, with the final being held at Edmonton Commonwealth Stadium (or something like that) with a capacity of 6000.

That would have been a typo in the game...Commonwealth is 60,000 seats, and actually might be the only stadium currently qualified to host a WC final, as it's the largest natural-turf stadium in the country (BMO Field seats 20,000, Rogers Center, BC Place and Olympic Stadium are all FieldTurf at the moment).

The whole International side of the game needs a revamp. For instance, even though I have thought it should be in the game for about ten years, it seems SI STILL don't realise that nations have 3 friendlies directly before the World Cup.

That gets me as well. You play a match in February and then you don't play again until the World Cup starts. I'd like to see that fixed.

That would have been a typo in the game...Commonwealth is 60,000 seats, and actually might be the only stadium currently qualified to host a WC final, as it's the largest natural-turf stadium in the country (BMO Field seats 20,000, Rogers Center, BC Place and Olympic Stadium are all FieldTurf at the moment).

Probably was...It was quite amusing seeing a WC Final being played in front of 5998 people.

haha i remember noticing this brazil always seem to host it after a few years in 2030 theyd already hosted it twice i would have thought there would be loads of othre countries before them wanting it again, i rekon abudhabi would be an awsome one with regen stadiums 100k -150k glass open air stadium;)

SI improve the national game, but in a very limited sense. Hosts do matter as that can makes more sense when u play WC or other international games. Hope SI can add some features in board confidence like club level u can request to expand stadium capacity or ask nation to compete for hosts.

When playing as host, u may get some favors in officiating or players get more motivated for the game. Couples friendly can be made right before the tournament. Or a list of training sessions can be chosen right before the international tourney starts, eg. play some volleyball in relax or watching video tapes to be familiar with opponents tactics. In some large international competitions like wc, euros or copa america, manager may also being notified the training camp site so that he can plan ahead to choose the hotel which may favor Those are the real things u see the players do in world cup camp and all that.

Media should features a lot in the game, speculation about stars may not be starting eleven, players fatigue after a long season, prize money etc. There is no prize money right now. Just imagine how u can live when u are just a national coach?

Archived