Rooney, Aguero and Pato in Newcastle... and can't win

Buying in 48 months payments. Selling loads of players in 12 month payments!

Rooney, Dzeko, Pato, Auguero, Veloso, you’re in for huge debt mate. I’m still finding it hard to believe you got Rooney over with a reputation boost, which you wouldn’t get from winning CCC.

and how did you get Pato in the second year, after only just gaining promotion from CCC?
I’m still finding it hard to believe you got Rooney over with a reputation boost, which you wouldn’t get from winning CCC.

He signed Pato and Rooney in season 4, unless I'm reading his original post wrong? I'm assuming he won promotion in his 1st season.

To the OP, it does seem like you need to tweak your defense or your over-all strategy. Maybe posting some detailed information in the tactics forum would help.:thup:

Rooney, Dzeko, Pato, Auguero, Veloso, you’re in for huge debt mate. I’m still finding it hard to believe you got Rooney over with a reputation boost, which you wouldn’t get from winning CCC.

So? That's not the point of this thread. He's asking for advice, not opinions on if he's playing the game to your particular liking.

OP: a lot of new players will likely upset your team harmony, so you're going to have to wait for them to gel. With a little more details about your tactics I'm sure some people will be able to help you :)

Someone has been cheating......

You deserve to be losing.

He's paid £30 for the game. He's allowed to play however he wants. We're not communists. ;)

In regards to the OP's problem. Even though you've got a very strong offense, your defence is still lacking. In the next window, focus some of your cash on your backline and keeper. :thup:

He's paid £30 for the game. He's allowed to play however he wants. We're not communists. ;)

In regards to the OP's problem. Even though you've got a very strong offense, your defence is still lacking. In the next window, focus some of your cash on your backline and keeper. :thup:

I never said he has to play it any other way......

I just think cheating like him kind of takes away the whole point of playing this game.

I just think cheating like him kind of takes away the whole point of playing this game.

Maybe to you, but not to him. You've both bought the game, and you both deserve to play the game however you want.

But telling him he deserves to be losing isn't offering anything constructive to this thread.

1. You don't know if he's cheating.

2. It doesn't take any enjoyment away from you, so no reason to tell off the OP

3. The OP is obviously enjoying the way he plays the game. Fair play to him :)

And what difference does that make to the OP's problem? He's not on here gloating about how good his team is.

OP: I still think you should be on the tactics forum though, your defense isn't world class, but should be performing much better than 11th. Go to the tactics forum with more detailed information as to your tactics, what kind of goals your are conceding etc..

I also agree that players need time to gel, often the beginning of a season his the most difficult part in my experience, perhaps you just need to give it time.

So? That's not the point of this thread. He's asking for advice, not opinions on if he's playing the game to your particular liking.

And I was just asking how he got the players over. I couldn’t give a rats if he was cheating.

Maybe to you, but not to him. You've both bought the game, and you both deserve to play the game however you want.

But telling him he deserves to be losing isn't offering anything constructive to this thread.

I agree. I used to cheat, but choose not to anymore. It was hard to haha, old habits die hard.

im in my 5th season and after winning the premier league with newcastle for the 3rd year running i have just had rooney become available to me, so i doubt you have him with out cheating as you have not even won the league yet.

pato is a might be though as i won the league cup and i could buy him in my 1st season. dont know why u buy them anyways, i refuse to give over £65000 a week to a player and if one of mine wants more they get sold.

It seems I can give you lessons in the transfer market. But that's not my point, just want to be winning like in the previous season, since now I have a better team!

Maybe too much transfer market dabbling has left your squad unsettled and in need of gelling time. Ask Real Madrid or Mark Hughes.

It seems I can give you lessons in the transfer market. But that's not my point, just want to be winning like in the previous season, since now I have a better team!

you imagine you have a better team. Let me say one thing to you "Galacticos", it should ring a bell, what did they win exactly??

A lot of arrogant judgemental posters here, who gives you the right to tell others how to play the game? To try and interogate how he got those players?

If he cheated so what? He bought the game, he can play it how he wants.

And therefore he shouldnt complain cos his cheating didnt work. (If of course he cheated). Its like ppl who copy something then complain that its no good when they never actually bought it in the first place. Only judgemental person here is he who tries to stop others having an oppinion.

Well he is just asking why his team without those players isn't working, its not like he is going to court for doing something illegal, its a forum to offer advice.

I honestly don't cheat at FM, but a lot of people do and will cheat on a lot of games- it happens, its not like they're doing anything thats going to hurt other people now is it? (Unless the cheating takes place during multiplayer games- which is very wrong)I didn't like how everyone came on starting to attack him when he just came in to ask for some advice.

Well he is just asking why his team without those players isn't working, its not like he is going to court for doing something illegal, its a forum to offer advice.

I honestly don't cheat at FM, but a lot of people do and will cheat on a lot of games- it happens, its not like they're doing anything thats going to hurt other people now is it? (Unless the cheating takes place during multiplayer games- which is very wrong)I didn't like how everyone came on starting to attack him when he just came in to ask for some advice.

Tbf, not all of us attacked him. A few of us were standing up for him when everyone else was having a go.

Cheating? I know he didn't win the Premier League, but even with one Premier League win as Newcastle, you can bring most players to your club, as long as your finances are decent.

Only real addition to my list of interested players after winning the ECL was Messi. Bought Aguero after winning the Premier League, and Pato and Rooney were also listed on my player search as interested :)

I don't really see how it's cheating. A lot can happen in three seasons that would allow you to buy players of the stature of Aguero, Pato and Rooney.

As for conceding goals, well you've got absolutely nothing protecting your defense!

By the looks of it, the only defensive minded player is Veloso - a deep lying playmaker, not gonna do a great job a winning the ball. That combined with no midfielders or other DMs = bad times. The other three midfielders are all far too attacking minded to be playing together as well. Sort it out libido.

I have a goog defense:

GK: Ochoa

D: Renan - Sakho - Jonny Evans - Ansaldi

DMC: Veloso

MR/L: Pato - Rodriguez

AMC: Aguero

ST: Rooney - Dzeko

maybe their not used to your tactics yet.....

also how good pato at playing MR or ML?

you might wanna try switching pato and rooney

so rooneys in midfield or and pato is up top and then have rooney switching positions with aguero.

or you could try a new formation like liverpools 4-2-3-1

so it could look like this:

DMCs: Veloso - some other DM

AML/C/R: Rooney - Aguero - Pato

ST: Dzeko

good luck

hope you win the prem mate :)

Are you leaving the strikers as the default settings? If so try changing them to more creative settings as Rooney and Pato (and probably Aguero) are definately good enough for a Complete Striker or Trequartista role, rather than a simple Poacher or Target Man.

If you ask me the team lacks a bit of balance. There are no what I like to call "middle men" who can act as a pivot in your team. It looks like your starting eleven is split into two broad and distinct units (going by the players there) of defense and attack where attack is out-weighing defense too much.

I do not know how you set up your team specficially however going by the players there, I count three definite defensive players and seven attackers. Evans, Sakho and Veloso being defensive and the rest attacking or supporting from deep. With wingers like Pato and Rodriguez, and with attack-minded full backs like Ansaldi and Renan then there is a definite vunerability on your wings. Aguero is a very attack minded AMC and your strikers are not going to track back... this is leaving Veloso completely alone in midfield where he is easily outnumbered.

That's just a possible scenario I thought up thinking about the possible problems with that line-up. I think you may need to re-work your formation so that you have more defensive cover and more bodies in midfield, otherwise teams are going to outnumber your defenders and hit you on the counter time after time.

The problem is purely tactical in my opinion, not because you have too many stars.

I agree. It is way too lightweight in the middle and on the flanks. There is only one holding midfielder and even that is going a bit far when talking about Veloso, who is more of a defensively useful playmaker than a destructive watercarrier. Added to Aguero's powderpuff contributions in any defensive situation and the big midfield gap of a diamond, you are going to get slaughtered on the counter. Much too much creativity, far too little honest toil. Without the latter, there is simply no chance for the former to flourish.

In my third season, with the likes of Veloso and Dzeko I challenged for the title, finishing 4th.

Now in fourth season I added Rooney, Aguero and Pato to the team... and I'm mid-table, conceading loads of goals!! Come on, what's happening? To many stars in the team?

When did you sign up Kevin Keegan?!

personally (and i hate giving advice to newcastle, being a mackem :( )

my experience of Veloso is to use him as an anchor man,

Pato was useless on the wing when ive tried it

Renan is a crap full back for some reason advise going for Santon

Ochoa never performed for me at Real Madrid theres much better about Lloris for one

tactics wise i suggest 4-1-2-2-1

GK

DR-DC-DC-DL

DMC

MC-MC

AMR/AML (Pato might work better pushed further up on the wing but not in my experience)

FC (use one or other of Rooney and Dzeko hell alternate them game by game to keep the both happy)

but most of all you need at least one MC, not a DMC playing there or a AMC pulled back, you need to find a quality MC it makes all the difference :)

Thats only what i would do :)

I have a goog defense:

DMC: Veloso

MR/L: Pato - Rodriguez

AMC: Aguero

ST: Rooney - Dzeko

From my experience so far, central midfielder (DMC/MC/AMC) is playing a far more important role then you could imagine, so...

a).push Veloso up a bit and partner with a MC, fabregas or Xavi is what you needed. Or leave Veloso where he is and get extra DMC (e.g. sissoko).

b). Pato is a bad winger

c) I would rather play Rodriguez in AMC and use him to cover Aguero

People are free to play the game however they like. I couldn't care less if someone cheats.

However... I'd still love to know how on Earth you get that many players of that calibre to join Newcastle. I just can't figure out how you'd do it without a load of success prior to signing the players.

People are free to play the game however they like. I couldn't care less if someone cheats.

However... I'd still love to know how on Earth you get that many players of that calibre to join Newcastle. I just can't figure out how you'd do it without a load of success prior to signing the players.

Answer to your own question? :D

I'm managing Newcastle and it's quite easy to attract the best players after 1 or 2 good seasons in the Premier League.

The moment anyone attracts a big player to a smaller club, everyone jumps on him/her. Happened to me a few times when I was talking about bringing Huntelaar, Rooney and Mata to Villa... It can be (and was done) legitimately - and in the end, we were in so much debt (£100m odd) that Randy Lerner sold out to a consortium and I nearly lost my job to Michael Laudrup (I didn't).

Newcastle do seem to be able to attract big players. In an Arsenal save I had, they were constantly sniffing around v. Persie and Fabregas after 1 season and the 2 of them were flattered by the interest...

In response to the OP, as has been mentioned above, the diamond with wingers leaves too much space in the middle and allows creative teams to tear you apart.

My advice would be to avoid trying to play all 4 big name strikers in the same team. Rotate them in and out. I would suggest a flat 4 in midfield or an AMR+L and 2 CM's. I find employing an AMC (in my case vdVaart or Sneijder) and a DMC (in my case Petrov, Gago or Camacho) as CM's brings a bit of balance.

To all those who are asking how he was able to attract Rooney, Pato etc...he finished fourth..so he qualified for Champions League..i think high quality players will agree a move especially if their team have finished below 4th. As for how he got the funds...you can quadruple (i think) your transfer budget by choosing to pay in installments. Spending 200 million in your first two years and then there is no need to spend any more if you got your balance right :D

To all those who are asking how he was able to attract Rooney, Pato etc...he finished fourth..so he qualified for Champions League..i think high quality players will agree a move especially if their team have finished below 4th. As for how he got the funds...you can quadruple (i think) your transfer budget by choosing to pay in installments. Spending 200 million in your first two years and then there is no need to spend any more if you got your balance right :D

I agree. In my experience, Man Utd tend to falter between seasons 2 and 4 andcan slip down the ladder... That helped me get Rooney.

Season 2: Me 7th, Man Utd 8th

Season 3: Me 5th, Man Utd 8th

I agreed the deal early in season 4 (around October) I was near the top and United's season had started slowly (around 11th)

Archived