Annoying....

So I started a new game with the England Team and about mid November i got offered the Charlton job they were 14th in League 1. I got them to 5th with 4 games to go and then my Goalkeeper Asmir Bejonvic (Portsmouth Keeper) i think thats his name.. loan ended and i tried to renew it but he wouldnt return... so then coz i didnt realise i had no keeper and had to put my 18 year old youth keeper in meaning i lost all my last 4 games and leaving me with 8th so no promotion. annoying. anyone else had this problem?

i bet that was annoying after all that hard work, but did you not realise that if Begovic got injured you didnt have a decent back up keeper? If he'd have got a serious injury earlier in the season you wouldnt have even finished 8th.

In future make sure your covered in every position. I know it doesnt help now but you learn from your mistakes :-)

IRL would that not have qualified you for an emergency loan? Did you try loaning a goalkeeper during that period? I'm not sure what the craic is in FM with regards to loaning keepers outside of the transfer window, as I've never needed to try it, but I have a very vague feeling it (emergency loan deals) might be a feature in FM. Could well be totally wrong though.

Well i did think that but i had 4 games left and i did think about it but wasnt sure if FM did that or not... if they do then that would have helped a lot but surely in Real life Portsmouth would have let him stay for the last games surely?

IRL would that not have qualified you for an emergency loan? Did you try loaning a goalkeeper during that period? I'm not sure what the craic is in FM with regards to loaning keepers outside of the transfer window, as I've never needed to try it, but I have a very vague feeling it (emergency loan deals) might be a feature in FM. Could well be totally wrong though.

I’m pretty sure it’s mentioned in the rules of the league somewhere.

Archived