When does club reputation increase?

winning the champions league is a massive boost. after i did it with arsenal i was able to sign many new world class players. i think the main factor is to do well on international competitions, or if you're a small team just getting good results, i.e. ending the season above media prediction. when you do that for 1 or 2 straight seasons you'll be able to hire any player from a team that ended below you

I checked on FMRTE and it can change at anytime. Factors that change it include buying/selling players, winning lots/losing lots of games, promotion/relegation, winning trophies, European qualification, board takeovers, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
I checked on FMRTE and it can change at anytime. Factors that change it include buying/selling players, winning lots/losing lots of games, promotion/relegation, winning trophies, European qualification, board takeovers, etc.

Interesting.

I have got Shrewsbury into the prem and am sitting 4th, but my ambitious players still want to leave to 'bigger clubs' who are in the relegation drop zone and will probably be in the championship next year.

Hopefully if i qualify for Europe that will boost the club rep.

Any idea if stadium size, training facilities, youth academy make a difference?

The only things I've seen increase it is winning competitions and signing players. Thus, being Shrewsbury your best bet is to improve your squad - although it's catch 22 as no one decent will want to go to you(no offence :p) Maybe sign some good youngsters, tie 'em to long contracts and hope they become top players?

Edit - I find that renewing contracts before transfer windows helps keep the vultures away, as players with new contracts are less likely to move straight after signing.

Maybe sign some good youngsters, tie 'em to long contracts and hope they become top players?

Thats been my approach, and its working except for the fact the ambitious ones want to move to 'bigger' clubs so become unhappy.

Reputation does seem to fluctuate during the season though, as they often put in a transfer request to move to a bigger club and then ask to stay again a few months later. i expect this is directly linked to reputation moving up and down with league position and/ or results.

Archived