Penalty takers

I played a game where one of my forwards had scored two goals and I had quite a comfortabale lead, 3-1. I then get a penalty and have three of my five best penalty takers on the pitch, but for some reason the forward who scored twice earlier takes the penalty. He has 1 in penalties and of course he is not on my list of penalty takers...so the only thing I can think of is that he had the chance to get a hattrick and therefore took it. Can that be the case?

I obviously choose my penalty takers out of skill and I want them to take the penalties, not the ones who has the lowest grade of all in my squad.

Of course he missed it.

This is a new feature that was brought in this year. If any player on the pitch has scored 2 and his team gets awarded a penalty, he will take it, regardless of any instructions you may have given.

This is correct but may I also add that it will only happen if you are leading by a couple of goals and it's not an 'important' goal to score. If it is the last minute in the game and scoring the penalty will decide if you win or equalise to draw the match, expect your regular penalty taker to step up.

This is correct but may I also add that it will only happen if you are leading by a couple of goals and it's not an 'important' goal to score. If it is the last minute in the game and scoring the penalty will decide if you win or equalise to draw the match, expect your regular penalty taker to step up.

I haven't found that. I've seen the 2-goal player take the penalty, even if missing means we lose the match. :(

Archived