Real problem with my wage budget.

i've had a search but nothing previously posted seems to answer my question.

I'm Bolton in my second season, i have gone over the wage budget, it was 500k, and i went upto 550k. So the board told me to reduce this or they would be forced to cap wages. I couldn't reduce it, and the ended up capping wages, but now, in jan. i've managed to reduce the wage to 450k, but my wage budget is showing at 55k and max wage as 4.5k

obviously i cannot renew any contracts as players want more than 4.5k, so i stand to loose half my squad on free transfers, because even though i reduce my wage bill the budget is so low that i can never match what the board want! (anelka alone is on 60k/pw)

how much does my budget have to be under the original 500k to remove the board's wage cap.

And how long is it before they act and remove the cap?

i've had a search but nothing previously posted seems to answer my question.

I'm Bolton in my second season, i have gone over the wage budget, it was 500k, and i went upto 550k. So the board told me to reduce this or they would be forced to cap wages. I couldn't reduce it, and the ended up capping wages, but now, in jan. i've managed to reduce the wage to 450k, but my wage budget is showing at 55k and max wage as 4.5k

obviously i cannot renew any contracts as players want more than 4.5k, so i stand to loose half my squad on free transfers, because even though i reduce my wage bill the budget is so low that i can never match what the board want! (anelka alone is on 60k/pw)

how much does my budget have to be under the original 500k to remove the board's wage cap.

And how long is it before they act and remove the cap?

okay, noone ever go over you're wage budget, i've sold all but 15!! players...and i'm STILL over my wage budget! i have a £30million transfer budget and £80,000 wage. how am i supposed to compete?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liveextreme:

okay, noone ever go over you're wage budget, i've sold all but 15!! players...and i'm STILL over my wage budget! i have a £30million transfer budget and £80,000 wage. how am i supposed to compete?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what you're saying here? Has you wage budget now gone down from £550k to £80k?

well i started again, stayed under my wage budget, and finished 6th in my first season, and won the league cup.

Second season budget comes around, i have 5.75 mil to spend, and a wage budget of 110k

i don't understand why my board takes my wage budget from 500k-110k at the end of the first season!! it must be a bug?!

I know what you are saying.

I used the Sugar Daddy unlockable.

Season 1 I get 33 million and a huge wage budget, (about 1 million)so I go a little nuts and buy some quality.

Season 2 wage budget is cut to 150K and I get 1.5 M to spend

Seaon 3 I get 24 million to spend but the wage budget is only raised to 250K.

Problem is my wages total 500K, and Im in danger of losing a lot of talent simply because I cannot renew their contracts.

My issue is that im using an unlockable that should boost the game for me, but is actually detrimental to my enjoyment.

I guess it can be classed as a bug because surely the wage budget should be linked directly to yor spendable cash, and certainly factored into the limited finances the psp version uses.

one thing is for sure, it shoudnt yo yo around, you either have a 1 million or you dont.

I was hoping this would have been "fixed" for this year's game. In 07 it seemed to me the sugar daddy option would end up meaning you were given LESS money for transfers. You'd get a big sum to use up front and then you'd get nothing after that season after season even if you were winning everything in sight! This then meant you had to resort to getting free players and then selling them on for a massive profit just to get some cash to use. Didn’t stop it from being a fun game but just seemed strange.

You can boost your wage budget easily with sugar daddy. Just go on preferences and disable sugar daddy then enable it and a message appears, say yes and you'll get the most transfer money you can have(it varies depending on the clubs rating). Also it puts money into the club so if you do this a couple of time your wage budget will easily shoot past the million mark.

Hope this helps icon14.gif

Archived