Is Your Wife/Girlfriend A Better Manager Than You

Is Your Wife/Girlfriend A Better Manager Than You  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Is Your Wife/Girlfriend A Better Manager Than You

• Unfortunately Yes, Im A Terrible Manager
    • Hell No, Im The Best, Always Have Been Always Will Be
    • Yeah Right!!!! She Doesnt Even Know What FM Is

At college, I let this bird choose my penalty takers just by picking their names (didn't have attributes up) and won that 9-8.

But surely that is pot luck :p

My girlfriend tried a game once with Man Utd. She hasnt got a clue about football. Her first game came along, a friendly v antwerp. She lost!

When i checked her team, to my horror, WAYNE ROONEY IN NET!!! also VDS up front. When i asked her what the hell she was thinking she told me she selected the players by who she knew first this is why rooney in net, ronaldo RB (it was FM09) and so on all the way to VDS as a striker.

There was players like Jonny Evans and Possebon in the starting 11. When i asked her why, she said it was because she ran out of players that she knew so she selected the other players because they had a GREEN ARROW! next to their name so they must be good.

She's never been near my laptop since

My girlfriend knows three things about football; Alan Shearer and Obafemi Martins used to play for Newcastle, Peter Crouch is very tall and Newcastle are the greatest team in the world.

She knows three things and one of them is wrong. All we know is - she might be The Stig.

My girlfriend tried a game once with Man Utd. She hasnt got a clue about football. Her first game came along, a friendly v antwerp. She lost!

When i checked her team, to my horror, WAYNE ROONEY IN NET!!! also VDS up front. When i asked her what the hell she was thinking she told me she selected the players by who she knew first this is why rooney in net, ronaldo RB (it was FM09) and so on all the way to VDS as a striker.

There was players like Jonny Evans and Possebon in the starting 11. When i asked her why, she said it was because she ran out of players that she knew so she selected the other players because they had a GREEN ARROW! next to their name so they must be good.

She's never been near my laptop since

Classic;)

Mine looks at who's name is coolest:rolleyes:

mine tried fm09 once we tried having a hot seat game but she gave up after 10 mins coz she was confused by all the numbers on the players profile screen an she didnt like the 3d animation, i think that she would have prefered it if you could customise ur manager an choose there outfit but i think that she would prolly have it all dressed up in river island gear an then given up after that.:eek:

I'm neither someone's wife nor girlfriend, but judging by some of the "it's too difficult" posts I've seen in recent years, I reckon I'm better than some of the chaps on here. ;)

suzie why dont you come to mine and we can play football manager and by play football manager i mean have sex!!!

Mine, bless her, tries to help me by suggesting signings. Sadly her footballing knowledge is mostly limited to the Portsmouth squad that won the FA cup and the England side. From the Sven era.

I've had to politely decline her suggestions to buy Pedro Mendes, Emile Heskey, Linvoy Primus, Dejan Stefanovic and David James. On numerous occasions she's also decreed that my team would be much better if I bought Darius Vassell...

To her credit though, she does always say I should buy Niko Krancjar.

Edit: Epic :facepalm: for the post above me.

suzie why dont you come to mine and we can play football manager and by play football manager i mean have sex!!!

Good lord. Desperate much?

I would like to apologise on behalf of the forum for this rather inane and childish statement.

Those who knew me would know already that my missus is better than me in FM. I put it down to the fact that she has the patience to stick to her tactics philosophy (Defensive counter attack!) and doesn't mess around with the tactics because she lost 1 game. Plus she is Japanese so she carries a better gene to play video than I do.

As terrible as that might sound to those alpha males in the room, it's actually a good thing because she understands football a lot more and we can go to watch football and have a meaningful discussion afterward ("that ref is a blind c**t" was a memorable quote)

i once let my girlsfriend get on and play a game on my united save and told her hse could do anything as long as she didnt save it

shes watched me quite a bit so knew what to do on the most part

she played Stoke in the premier league as Man United and one something like 5-0 may have been 5-1

now that doesnt seem that unlikely but she was playing a 2-4-4 formation with a diamond in the middle

park ji sung was centre back as well form what i remembered

i couldnt believe it

that formation was the most ridiculous looking thing iv ever seen

i was going to screenshot and post it at the time but she played another game a drew somehting like 4 all and i just wanted to quit so nothing was saved

Those who knew me would know already that my missus is better than me in FM. I put it down to the fact that she has the patience to stick to her tactics philosophy (Defensive counter attack!) and doesn't mess around with the tactics because she lost 1 game. Plus she is Japanese so she carries a better gene to play video than I do.

As terrible as that might sound to those alpha males in the room, it's actually a good thing because she understands football a lot more and we can go to watch football and have a meaningful discussion afterward ("that ref is a blind c**t" was a memorable quote)

Worth the 20000 yen it cost to ship her over then :D ?

My wife had one go, she took me on in a pre season friendly, i played Hull and she was Man U, I thought I could tactically outclass her.. Final score 5-1 to her I think (was a while back when I 1st got FM10)

Ive never let her play it again (or shes not wanted to, cant work out which)

My wife hasn't played FM10 yet, but she often beat me on previous versions. She is far more patient with giving players a chance and not selling them at the first opportunity which seems to work in the long-run.

She has an annoying habit of being better than me at most things with minimal practice, not just computer games.

I wish mine was better than me. That way she would play it herself instead of nagging about the amount of time I waste on playing that "stupid" game when I should be spending time with her instead.

As I like to point out, she only needs to get naked if she wants me to stop. That works every f***ing time :)

Archived