What is the longest game save?

I was talking with some mates earlier n we were just wondering, how long does the game go and how long is the longest career that someone has had within the game.

I am currently on 2018 which is 5 and a half days worth of proper time, but im sure some of you lot have smashed that out of the water.

On FM09 i'm only up to 2020 but i've clocked up around 44 days in real time. I'm currently suffering from an unknown bowel disease so I never really leave the house, dam idiots at the NHS are useless. I just have FM running on the PC all day whilst I do other things, plus my PC is very slow.

I played the game for 200 seasons, and then this message came up: 'Thankyou for playing Football Manager 2010. You have now completed the game. We hope you enjoyed the experience. Look out for Football Manager 2011, which will be released in October/November 2010. If you can't wait that long, why not start a new game on Fottball Manager 2010?'

I played the game for 200 seasons, and then this message came up: 'Thankyou for playing Football Manager 2010. You have now completed the game. We hope you enjoyed the experience. Look out for Football Manager 2011, which will be released in October/November 2010. If you can't wait that long, why not start a new game on Fottball Manager 2010?'

I dont believe that

• Administrators

Liar liar pants on fire ;)

• 1 year later...

The longest game I've seen was a guy from FM Norway who played as far as 2089 with his local team, on FM10. I know he's been playing all those seasons since he wrote a game report with two long updates every season. Crazy guy. Here is is - off course in the hall of fame section: http://www.fmnorge.com/index.php/topic/10964-anbefalt-tromsdalen-uil-et-eventyr-uten-like/

My longest was into the 2040s with FM11. I always wait until the final patch, then start with Bromley. I play until I win everything and there is no challenge, normally this is in the 2020s, but I only won the Premier in the 2040s with FM11, and not until FM12 was out so this was definitely my record. About 28 days real time, and that was when I had a job, now I'm unemployed I may well beat that with FM12.

I find that once I get to a big club like Barcelona, Man Utd etc then I can only play a few seasons until I feel like I've completed the game. In FM2010 I had an epic Save where I was:

Shrewsbury, Middlesborough, Stuttgart, Everton, then Real Betis where I won La Lga, then Won La Liga with Real Madrid 5 times in a row and then felt I had the most ultimate team I could ever assemble. Played till about 2028 I think

This is a screenshot I love though. Not mine:

Screenshot2010-02-14at132221.png

Sadly I believe the game to more easily attain bugs and crashes as you go beyond 10 seasons :( Saves corrupt and other things...

The best FM experience is to take a completely unknown team and win big things, but this always takes time to do, and its sad to lose such games.

Archived