Young Managers

I've been playing this game since the Champ Man years since the 90's, I've always been quite a good manager. What I'm asking is do players struggle to motivate themselves to younger managers? I've always started these games as a 30 year old as I'm 17 IRL but I heard that you could be 25 if you chose your D.O.B. to be 25 years from the current year (e.g. 1984 or 1985) and I'm playing as Nottingham Forest and I'm struggling to get into the top half of the Championship.. I have made some great signings too like Aaron Ramsey on a season long loan, Sol Campbell, Nicky Shorey, Michael Johnson from Man.City on Loan, James Vaughan, Mark Viduka, Marlon Harewood, Obertan, Macheda and a few more.

Also might I add; I finished the demo of FM10 with Forest top of the table.

So does it make any difference to your players if you're 25 or 30? also does it make any difference if you're 30 or 45?

Cheers. :thup:

yeah me to ive been playing since i was 6 pretty much added manager to other teams and made sure i won the league till i was about 9 i must say:P but in the last 3 fms ive managed to win the title with Manchester City first season. and as for this one.... im holding my head in shame

Age, at least at the extremes, should really be taken into account by the game. How many grizzled, late thirties centre backs playing in the lower leagues do you think would just sit passively listening to some 25 year old ranting and raving at half time before one of them grabs him by the throat? Also, maybe there should be speculation in the media that it's about time you took up watching daytime TV from a bathchair while you drool into your liquidised roast dinner once you hit your sixties and you lose a few games.

Archived