teams collecting goalkeepers

i'm at the start of my 5th season and i noticed that Manchester City signed 6 quality goalkeepers in the summer transfer window

Gianluca Curci - €7M, former starter at Siena

Ben Foster - €5M, former backup at ManU

Tim Howard - €9.25M, former starter at Everton

Paul Robinson - free, former starter at Blackburn

Sergio Romero - free, former starter at AZ

Franco Costanzo - €3.6M, former backup at Juventus(me)

so that's 6 competent goalkeepers bought in ONE transfer window

funny thing is that they use Romero as a starter, so they paid €24.85M for backups. Robinson, Curci and Costanzo aren't even registered for the premier league.

anyone else ever had something like this happen?

Yet more evidence of irrational and inadequate AI behaviour - the single biggest fault with the game at the moment in my opinion.

Not the only fault though :)

Yes, it sounds like a bug and due to AI irrationality. Surely they could get the AI to act a bit more normal.

Definitely an issue, I have had Man City sign 3 average looking 23-25 year old goalies in the first season, and then only to do the same thing the next season. Their reserves is where they stock them all :confused: But they do still play most of them, major rotation system!

I’ve found that English national players are going overseas, and cheap Brazilian/Spanish imports are playing in England. The England team at the moment has about 2-3 Spanish born England internationals. I know this is a known issue, but I highly doubt it’d happen IRL.

Archived