Sorry SI, but sort it out...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everyone complain about something that is not exactly along the lines of "realistic." Weird things happen in football. Nobody in their right mind thought Leeds would beat Man United Old Trafford. Chelsea just beat Sunderland 7-2. Football doesn't always follow textbook guidelines.

1st, the only thing i can see wrong with the OP screenshot is the weather. location - blackpool. season - summer, weather - wet, temp 8C.

2nd, isnt it the fact that football is so unpredictable that makes us all love it so much, high scoring games and freak results is what keeps us all hooked. so come on man, stop moaning about things that happen in the game that are EXACTLY like real life and start enjoying them.

why do Si have to sort out 1 freak scoring game?

wtf man do you say that to the premierleague when man utd beat man city 4-3?

it happens get over it ffs

Im saying SI sort it out because this happens twice or three times a month in my league! You don't see a 5-5, 7-2, 6-4 happen three times in one month in the Championship or even the Blue square Premier league for that matter. That is why I'm complaining.

Im saying SI sort it out because this happens twice or three times a month in my league! You don't see a 5-5, 7-2, 6-4 happen three times in one month in the Championship or even the Blue square Premier league for that matter. That is why I'm complaining.

There's probably at least one high scoring or 'wierd' result a month in a league IRL. Have you got screenshots of your freak results that might give more weight to your argument?

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3162399,00.html

Spurs 9 - Wigan 1

I don't think I've ever seen that much of a lopsided game in FM before and yet it's happened in real life. Deal with it and get over it instead of saying "I'm never playing this game again!" and coming on here to whine.

I have. As Real Madrid, I beat an Albanian side 31-0 without the use of an editor.

Nope, sounds like typical crap UK summer weather to me :(

No, the weather has been FUBAR in FM for yonks now.

Playing in the SPL I regularly see 32 degrees upwards in the Scottish summer, followed by random day on day fluctuations from -10 to 20 degrees all the way through to March, when lo and behold, despite being -5 on the 28th of February March 1st is a pavement melting 29 degrees!

Yes, the Scottish weather is "variable" in real life, but FM is complete nonsense.

The OP has a ponit though. 4 goals in the opening 13 minutes and another 3 in stoppage time?

Give me a break.

It's not about the scoreline, but look at when the goals were scored...

I suppose, but strange things do happen in football. If he continues to find more examples of stuff like that or stuff like this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8426500.stm

then, yes there is something wrong.

Nothing to do with us

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/13/west-ham-millwall-crowd-trouble :thup:

In regard to the OP, though, as I said, fluke results do happen. If this does happen twice a month or so, in the same league then it may be an issue.

I know, I know. Wasn't suggesting anyone other than our feeder club was responsible ;)

If you can figure out how, when your team has absolutely abused the opposition in the first half, to prevent them turning into lazy gits in the second half then please tell me because this happens to me all the time. Personally, I don't think it's a flaw in my management or a trait of every single player I've ever managed, more the fact the match engine has to artificially kill off the goal scoring to prevent human managed teams running up cricket scores.

If you can figure out how, when your team has absolutely abused the opposition in the first half, to prevent them turning into lazy gits in the second half then please tell me because this happens to me all the time. Personally, I don't think it's a flaw in my management or a trait of every single player I've ever managed, more the fact the match engine has to artificially kill off the goal scoring to prevent human managed teams running up cricket scores.

Try saying nothing to your players at half time. I know several people it's worked for. The problem is if you say you're pleased with your players, their concentration drops, and they play like bean bags in the second half.

The team talks and press conferences are completely flawed.

To me when I say I'm "Pleased" to my players, I would think that translates to: "Good job everyone. Keep up the good work!"

Apparently, the game thinks I mean "Well done. The game is over, you can stop trying now."

I let my assistant handle all team talks and press conferences now in fear that I will say something sensible that will make a player want to kill me.

Try saying nothing to your players at half time. I know several people it's worked for. The problem is if you say you're pleased with your players, their concentration drops, and they play like bean bags in the second half.

I have actually tried the silent treatment from time to time, the problem being occasionally one or two of your overpaid, check-out girl marrying, tasteless crap with money numpties assumes this means you must be so absolutely incandescent with rage about something they've either done or forgotten to do that you couldn't even bring yourself to talk to them at half time, and immediately go scurrying off to tell anyone who will listen about how this now means that their entire world is falling apart at the seams.

So now I just stick to the "Encourage" or "Pleased" options, which as has been pointed out seems to translate into FM player speak as "good stuff, you've done all the hard work, now go out and fanny about with it in your own half for the next 45 mins, and don't forget to have a lapse in concentration or three if you fancy it". Probably spend the second half contemplating which overpriced and vomitously vulgar footballer's car to blow their win bonus on.

I have actually tried the silent treatment from time to time, the problem being occasionally one or two of your overpaid, check-out girl marrying, tasteless crap with money numpties assumes this means you must be so absolutely incandescent with rage about something they've either done or forgotten to do that you couldn't even bring yourself to talk to them at half time, and immediately go scurrying off to tell anyone who will listen about how this now means that their entire world is falling apart at the seams.

So now I just stick to the "Encourage" or "Pleased" options, which as has been pointed out seems to translate into FM player speak as "good stuff, you've done all the hard work, now go out and fanny about with it in your own half for the next 45 mins, and don't forget to have a lapse in concentration or three if you fancy it". Probably spend the second half contemplating which overpriced and vomitously vulgar footballer's car to blow their win bonus on.

A hint of bitterness? Maybe? :D

Archived