"Worried by the lack of managerial discipline"

In my first season at Man Utd, and have had no problems with player discipline, and don't tend to interact with other managers because the comments always tend to upset the players

Just lost a game and made a comment to the opposing manager to say that they were lucky to win, and I have 2 senior players call a meeting saying they are worried by "the lack of managerial discipline". I have no idea what this relates to, and there is nothing I can do to respond to it! So I'm stuck with unhappy players, without knowing why or knowing how to fix it

Does anyone know what this means and how I can respond?

If your team gets carded a lot and you don't warn/fine the players this will happen. It's fixed by warning/fining the next player who gets sent off. Even though senior players may request a meeting, it doesn't seem to be possible.

I dont agree with that. I always fine players at least 1 weeks wages if they get sent off, especially if its a straight red. I also fine players for missing training. I have a game with Notts County and for the first two seasons I played, Kasper Schmeichel has had this problem with me.

I dont agree with that. I always fine players at least 1 weeks wages if they get sent off, especially if its a straight red. I also fine players for missing training. I have a game with Notts County and for the first two seasons I played, Kasper Schmeichel has had this problem with me.

Maybe it just depends on the players you have, but it's the guideline I've followed. If I don't fine players they get 'worried by lack of managerial discipline'.

I guess its fine to fine a player but sometimes the sending off doesnt even look like a sending off and you cant complain about the referee or appeal the sending off as you never ever get a decision in your favour. Why is this? IRL most of the time decisions are reversed and there is more discussion on it than a simple FA warnng to the manager. Also we should be able to talk to the player "Its ok, wasnt your fault" or "you idiot what do you think you were doing".

Archived