Why did they sack me!!!!!!

East Stirling just sacked me, i've taken them from the 3rd division to the 1st division in 6 years and was 4 points from top after 19 games, I was predicted to finish 9th for gods sake, I finished 2nd last season. I've done a fantastic job with them and they repay me by firing me!!!!

I'm totally confused!!!!!!

My job security was 'Very Secure', some unemployed manager with appalling stats said he was interested in my job(thought you couldn't do that unless you were insecure), the next day they sack me and hire him, I built the team from nothing to verging on Premier league status, no board would sack me and hire a nobody, that would be like firing David Moyles and hiring someone form the conference.

All I can think of is that my contract was running out at the end of the season.

I feel your pain mate, i am currently in a 10.2 game similar to yours, with East Stirlingshire, me too up to 1st division, although i have been mid table in div 1 the past 2 seasons, i reckon with some decent investment i could push for a prem league place. I signed a 3 year contract and asked for more transfer funds, they refused, I have a tight control on wages, never spending more than 75% of muy budget. The other thing that annoys me is they don't have their own stadium, not a problem, but surely with increased success the board should be thinking about relocating to their own stadium?, im 1o years in, when i took over towards end of 1st season they were second bottom, the next season i ws mid table, i won the league in season 4, and again straight up to division 1 from playoffs the season after. Now im stuck in mid table, really enjoying myself want to take them to prem league BUT with the expected patch just around the corner I know i will start my serious European Career when it is released.

No, I saved after I was fired and I don't do rolling saves.

I'm so annoyed.

Thats always a bad idea. Much better to set a rolling save just in case you have a virus or some other problem with the game and you have to reinstall.

As to your odd sacking. Are you using the latest patch? Have you been requesting things regularly from the board and been giving them ultimatums when they refuse your requests? I've found that you can get suddenly sacked no matter how successful you are if you start giving ultimatums to the board. Was your club taken over? Sometime new owners will replace the current manager with the one they want.

I started a thread here a week ago with my Everton team.

I was 7th first season,

then 4th 2nd season.

last season, 9th after 14 games, but only 5 points of 2nd- and I'd won all my CL group games and qualified- yet was sacked!

- I think yours was a much harsher sacking though.

tbf SI will look into it, don't think it'll be ignored, just have to accept it and get on!

The higher you finish up the leagues the greater expectations the board and fans have of you actually doing something. It's not entirely unrealistic to sack a manager after he has got them promoted. I remember Thordasson getting sacked at Stoke after taking them up to the Championship. Also, Darren Ferguson at Peterborough, Peter Taylor at Wycombe, Billy Davies at Derby etc.

Peterborough replaced Ferguson with an unknown manager as well. It happens but not in the way that FM portrays it.

Thats always a bad idea. Much better to set a rolling save just in case you have a virus or some other problem with the game and you have to reinstall.

As to your odd sacking. Are you using the latest patch? Have you been requesting things regularly from the board and been giving them ultimatums when they refuse your requests? I've found that you can get suddenly sacked no matter how successful you are if you start giving ultimatums to the board. Was your club taken over? Sometime new owners will replace the current manager with the one they want.

I made no requests or anything, no takeovers, they just sacked me.

Took over Kilmarnock, same division, made my goal to destroy East Stirling everytime I play them.

Fantastic, another that jumps to conclusions and shouts bug before they know anything about the issue :rolleyes:

Sorry but that kinda thing would annoy me greatly given how much time it takes to get good at this stupid game, and then it just and sacks you? Pointless.

Seems to always go on league form. I was psg, qualified from my champs league group, demolishing teams in the cups, but was 6th in the leage at the half way point (board wanted a league win) and was sacked. Would be nice if the board considered every competition you were in before pulling the trigger, but doesnt seem to be so.

Sacking definitely has something to do with finances as well, i remember on cm4 i used to get sacked all the time for letting my finances go in the red (didnt really pay much attention to finances then!).

I also got sacked on fm 07 for doing something stupid once, i wanted more money from the board, they wouldnt give it me, so i gave them an ultimatum, and they sacked me.

I have just been sacked in January 2013. Was Wrexham leading the BSP by 1 point with a game in hand and had a third round replay with Stockport. I only had 6 months left on my contract and had rejected new contracts but surely as I was doing well they would wait until the end of the season. My objectives were to win the league and reach the first round of the FA Cup and I had turned a profit so far this season. Is this a bug?

• 1 year later...
Once my brother got sacked by Arsenal after beating Chelsea 5-0 away from home. He'd been struggling a little, but had won his last 3 games, and was 3 points off 2nd place. Which was quite shocking. Sometimes the board can be idiots.

I am facing the same problem here.

I am also playing Arsenal just started the 4th Season, Won last the 6 games, played away against Chelsea, and got sacked regardless of the results.

Job status is very secure at the time before the sack, having won league cup, league, CL for the first 2 seasons and the won league cup, league, CL semis the previous season.

Something is not right.

Very secure doesn't mean 100% guaranteed to not be sacked. I however, am "Untouchable"! ;) Maybe you got sacked because of very poor financial control. Or maybe the chairman was realistic and as we all know, chairmen tend to do kneejerk decisions all the time. They think they own the club. The fans do.

I remember the last game I played on LMA Manager 2007.

I took York City from the Conference to the Premier League in 5 seasons. In my first season in the Premier League I had just got the team out of the relegation zone and we were looking safe. After beating Middlesborough I was fired!!

Still remember it to this day!!

The higher you finish up the leagues the greater expectations the board and fans have of you actually doing something. It's not entirely unrealistic to sack a manager after he has got them promoted. I remember Thordasson getting sacked at Stoke after taking them up to the Championship. Also, Darren Ferguson at Peterborough, Peter Taylor at Wycombe, Billy Davies at Derby etc.

Peterborough replaced Ferguson with an unknown manager as well. It happens but not in the way that FM portrays it.

Neither Darren Ferguson nor Billy Davies were sacked for football reasons. And didn't Peter Taylor resign? (Edit: That was Bradford not Wycombe)

I bet Felix Magath is asking the same question as the OP today. Second in the Bundesliga with Schalke last season and into the last 8 of Champions League this year and they give him the bullet. Mind they are not doing to well in the league this year and legal proceeding could pursue after the sacking.

I got sacked on FM07 for fining my whole team after a defeat. :eek:

Why would you do that? No one would do that because your team suffered a team. Of course you were fired.

if you were angry say so in the team talks, don't fine them. You don't see the likes of Mourinho fining all players of Real madrid because of lost, that is undermining your entire team

Of course you were fired.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing FM11, all patches updated. Approached previous season by Wolfsburg having taken FC Utrecht in Eredivisie to 3 runner up positions in 4 seasons and 3 group stage CL campaigns, turning finances around to secure. Anyway, decent first half season at Wolfsburg, just started new season, won all pre-ssn games (inc 3-0 against Man Utd) and won first Bundesliga match of the season. Wage bill and transfer budget under control and then out of nowhere the sack! No reason given AT ALL! WTF - I know stuff happens but this is ridiculous... Anybody had similar issue???

• 1 month later...

Yes just now. PSG, been there 3 years. First season 8th, second season 4th, third season 4th in league quarter finals of the Europa and won Coupe de Ligue. All finances perfect almost £200k under wage bill, won all pre season. 3 games into fourth season, won 3 games and 2 points clear at top of the table. Then... sacked! Why?!

Fantastic, another that jumps to conclusions and shouts bug before they know anything about the issue :rolleyes:

Theres been a few people who have complained about this, so maybe its not so much a jump.

This has been the buggiest version I remember.

Even though it hasnt happened to me, I noticed despite taking bromley from Conferance south to prem I barely moved the club stature bar. I thought it was strange and maybe a bug.

Sorry but that kinda thing would annoy me greatly given how much time it takes to get good at this stupid game, and then it just and sacks you? Pointless.

It would be annoying. I'd find it annoying and I'm quite passive really. I have outbursts but they're usually real life outbursts where as game related ones come and go quick.

I just don't think it's worthy jumping straight down the throat of SI, because they hardly go out of their way to make the game do things like this. There's an awful lot of parameters in the game and a lot of different things could happen. The OP is nice and calm, though he's upset, so why do you have to come on here and get angry?

As for the the sacking I can only think you have one of those quirky chairmen who likes to put himself in the spotlight. He just decided to throw things up in the air and see what came down first. Sometimes starting afresh can pay dividends and they might get promoted quicker than he thought you could do it. Either that or was the Stevenage boss his brother? Sister's best mate's university roommate's boyfriend?

Have a look at the character of your old chairman. I'm not in game at the moment but I don't think you can look at chairman stats like you could in old editions, can you?

Good luck with Killie, OP. Kick your old chairman in the ging-gang-goolies the football way.

OK, I just noticed this is a really, really old thread. The OP's game has probably long gone the way of the dodo. I wonder how he got on with Killie.

I started a thread here a week ago with my Everton team.

I was 7th first season,

then 4th 2nd season.

last season, 9th after 14 games, but only 5 points of 2nd- and I'd won all my CL group games and qualified- yet was sacked!

- I think yours was a much harsher sacking though.

tbf SI will look into it, don't think it'll be ignored, just have to accept it and get on!

friggin hell that is a harsh sacking! Not really anyway to justify that :D

Theres been a few people who have complained about this, so maybe its not so much a jump.

Meh, back in February it was.

Since then we've seen a handful more report it on the forums but it still seems to be very rare.

Yes just now. PSG, been there 3 years. First season 8th, second season 4th, third season 4th in league quarter finals of the Europa and won Coupe de Ligue. All finances perfect almost £200k under wage bill, won all pre season. 3 games into fourth season, won 3 games and 2 points clear at top of the table. Then... sacked! Why?!

Out of interest I checked my saves and I had an auto save before being sacked, with one game that I had previously played. I played this (Auxerre away) and won 5-1. I was then sacked at exactly the same time after. Again no reason given or any warning - I signed a new contract a month before. I looked for another job and got picked up with Bayern so will try to buy up my favourites from my time at PSG. Do you guys think this is a glitch? Its pretty annoying if not as I was trying to build a great team at PSG and with the major target Champions League winners (ambitious I know!). Although some managers do get sacked for almost no reason I think it is quite harsh to build this into a game!

Out of interest I checked my saves and I had an auto save before being sacked, with one game that I had previously played. I played this (Auxerre away) and won 5-1. I was then sacked at exactly the same time after. Again no reason given or any warning - I signed a new contract a month before. I looked for another job and got picked up with Bayern so will try to buy up my favourites from my time at PSG. Do you guys think this is a glitch? Its pretty annoying if not as I was trying to build a great team at PSG and with the major target Champions League winners (ambitious I know!). Although some managers do get sacked for almost no reason I think it is quite harsh to build this into a game!

If you still have that save go back and check your contract end date, I've seen a couple of people say it was set to 1900 when this happened to them which would mean it's a bug.

If you still have that save go back and check your contract end date, I've seen a couple of people say it was set to 1900 when this happened to them which would mean it's a bug.

Yeah I do remember that. Damn I've moved on now. Maybe I will go back in future. Would you recommend carrying on or starting a new game???

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived