Ulitmatum

Anybody ever had a successful ultimatum?

and under what circumstances?

yes i did when i lead an ultimatum on fm10 because board kept saying stadium didnt need expanding even though 36 games from 38 games were sells and same for champions league etc

thought id give it a go cos if i wasnt sucessful i would have found a new challenge

yes i did when i lead an ultimatum on fm10 because board kept saying stadium didnt need expanding even though 36 games from 38 games were sells and same for champions league etc

thought id give it a go cos if i wasnt sucessful i would have found a new challenge

Same here with Rossendale, took them all the way from Unibond 1st Division to League 1, ultimatum'd abou increasing the capacity and they sacked me!

It's a bug IMHO, why would they sack you when you have threatened to resign, they have to pay you off that way!!

With Villa on FM08 I think. Stadium was packed every week, had already been increased to 55,000 and the board said they couldn't expand anymore and there wasn't enough funding for a new stadium or something along those lines. I offered an ultimatum and all of a sudden money became available for a new stadium (I was in 2019 and had won the Champions League on 4 occasions and the Premiership 6 times in a row, so that may have helped) :D

I haven't tried it in FM10 yet, but I know in FM08, I got it to work for the first time ever. I got Rotherham to the Premiership and won about 12 titles and 3 Champions League as well as plenty of other trophies. However, my board wouldn't build my ground any higher than about 18-20k. So I isued an ultimatum and it worked. Every season after this, for about five years they turned down my request, but I kept issuing ultimatums, and they always gave in.

Archived