How do non-league teams get promoted?

I'd like to know how the game decides which teams below the loaded leagues get promoted each season. Does it for example depend on the attributes of their players in some way?

My problem is that i'm in a game in which i started unemployed, with england italy and spain. in 2021 i'm managing sevilla. In spain i've only got the top two leagues though. The game says my stadium is owned by Sevilla Atletico, so i can't expand it. I was thinking, if it was related to player attributes, i could buy some decent players, transfer them to sevilla atletico, hope they get promoted to the second division, add a new manager and take over them (if this is even possible), and then see if by the tiniest chance it actually lets me expand their stadium. It won't i guess cos they won't have the attendance necessary, but it's worth a try. So does anyone know the answer to my original question?

Cheers,

James

B teams that are set as separate clubs, working as affiliates, (like in Spain and Portugal) can get promoted from the unplayable divisions (as long as the main club's situation allows it).

B (or 2/3/II) teams that arent set as separate clubs (most/all B/2/II teams outside Portugal/Spain) probably still cant get promoted from the unplayable divisions (they couldnt in previous FMs.. doubt it changed)

@jsab: As long as the main club stays in the First Division, the B club can play in the Second Division. Sevilla Atletico start in the 3rd tier (Segunda B) so it should possible for them to reach the Second Division as long as you selected at least the top 2 tiers (easier if you selected all 3 tiers)

Or you could just use FMRTE to make your stadium bigger ;)

To make yourself feel better about cheating, you could even edit the finances of your club, taking away a few million for building costs :D

Or you could just use FMRTE to make your stadium bigger ;)

To make yourself feel better about cheating, you could even edit the finances of your club, taking away a few million for building costs :D

That is actually what i'm going to do. I started a new game with sevilla, edited their finacnes up to a billion, bought a load of top players, went on holiday for the season. Then i'll try and expand the stadium to see exactly how much it costs. I think that's pretty fair right?

Thanks guys for helping

That is actually what i'm going to do. I started a new game with sevilla, edited their finacnes up to a billion, bought a load of top players, went on holiday for the season. Then i'll try and expand the stadium to see exactly how much it costs. I think that's pretty fair right?

Thanks guys for helping

Um, no, not really fair. But whatever gets you going :)

Let us know how you get on yeh?

Um, no, not really fair. But whatever gets you going :)

Let us know how you get on yeh?

Isnt fair finding out how much it costs ? :D Personally I hate this part of FM. Being kept in the dark for no reason... But I cant be arsed to do what the OP is going to do. :D

Archived