Achieving too much too quickly

My mate started a game with Real Madrid and obviously won everything that could be won with them. He then moved to Everton in the second season when David Moyes moved on. They were in the Euro Cup for his first season in charge and he finished 5th but was £7 million in debt. In his second season in charge he somehow managed to win the EPL with Everton but during that season had to sell £25 million worth of players just to keep the club from going into the red. Still at the end of the season he was £8 million in the black after winning the league.

Now he has to challenge for the title again with very limited money and a smallish squad. He would have preferred to build his money up by qualifying for the champions league, which I think is madness why would someone prefer not to win the league?. Do you think he achieved too much too soon as he is certain he cannot win the league again after last years performance.

This also inspired me to start as Everton and see if the league is winnable so quickly.

In short is it even possible to win something too early?

Eh, I see his point. With Chelsea I won everything the first year, I considered taking a new challenge but decided it was still very enjoyable to be the favorites and decided to try and remain undefeated in cups, which lasted a few years. I guess it all depends on if you see winning the league as the most success you can have, I bet the more success he has and the more cups he plays in, the more he will want to win them all..and until then (and possibly even then) he won't be unhappy with his success.

So no..I don't think it's possible to win too quickly, even if you wanted to focus on youths and rebuilding your squad, and happened to somehow win the league...it still gives a challenge to maintain your position at the top.

Archived