Dave's Hall of Fame Challenge.

Hey all! Welcome to the 'Hall of Fame Challenge'.

The Aim of the Challenge

To start your career off as low as you dare and use your managing skills to become not only the best manager the world has ever seen but also the best that each continent in the world has ever seen.

To do this you must reach the top of the Hall of Fame for each continent (For Oceania you must reach the top of the Hall of Fame for Australia).

Setting the Challenge up.

A large database should be ticked (although you are free to choose a medium or small database option if you wish to make things even more difficult for yourself).

Attribute masking should be enabled.

No additional players from any nation should be loaded.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

Selecting the Leagues.

This is where the challenge gets interesting.

First you must choose the continent you wish to start your challenge in. Once you have decided this you must then pick a country within which to conquer this continent and load up ALL of its leagues. Your career will start with a team of your choice in the bottom league.

Of course you could make it slightly easier for yourself by choose a country that has only one league to start your career in. You create your own difficulty level at this point.

For the other 5 continents you must load up the Top League ONLY of 5 chosen Countries.

When picking countries please remember that if you pick the bigger footballing nations such as England, Spain, Italy or Brazil you tend to get a lot more points in the Hall of Fame for winning the league than you do in countries such as Peru, India and Austria. This allows you to challenge yourself further if you wish to.

An example of selected leagues is as follows.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Europe - England (To BSN/S as starting nation for challenge)<LI>Asia - Indian National Football League<LI>Africa - South African Premier League<LI>North America - Mexican First Division<LI>Oceania - Australian Hyundai A-League<LI>Peru - First Division

Rules for this Thread.

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile when you have chosen your club. It should look like this.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success and failure), So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot.

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

icon_smile.gif Right, that's about it. If you have any questions then fire away. If not, I hope as many of you as possible will attempt the challenge.

I used the layout of the first post of Gundo's and Dafuge's Challenges to help do this, hope you guys don't mind. I just thought it was ideally set out, especially the 'how to post a screenshot' bit, I had no idea how to before popping onto one of your challenges! icon14.gif

Good Luck Everyone!

Hey all! Welcome to the 'Hall of Fame Challenge'.

The Aim of the Challenge

To start your career off as low as you dare and use your managing skills to become not only the best manager the world has ever seen but also the best that each continent in the world has ever seen.

To do this you must reach the top of the Hall of Fame for each continent (For Oceania you must reach the top of the Hall of Fame for Australia).

Setting the Challenge up.

A large database should be ticked (although you are free to choose a medium or small database option if you wish to make things even more difficult for yourself).

Attribute masking should be enabled.

No additional players from any nation should be loaded.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

Selecting the Leagues.

This is where the challenge gets interesting.

First you must choose the continent you wish to start your challenge in. Once you have decided this you must then pick a country within which to conquer this continent and load up ALL of its leagues. Your career will start with a team of your choice in the bottom league.

Of course you could make it slightly easier for yourself by choose a country that has only one league to start your career in. You create your own difficulty level at this point.

For the other 5 continents you must load up the Top League ONLY of 5 chosen Countries.

When picking countries please remember that if you pick the bigger footballing nations such as England, Spain, Italy or Brazil you tend to get a lot more points in the Hall of Fame for winning the league than you do in countries such as Peru, India and Austria. This allows you to challenge yourself further if you wish to.

An example of selected leagues is as follows.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Europe - England (To BSN/S as starting nation for challenge)<LI>Asia - Indian National Football League<LI>Africa - South African Premier League<LI>North America - Mexican First Division<LI>Oceania - Australian Hyundai A-League<LI>Peru - First Division

Rules for this Thread.

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile when you have chosen your club. It should look like this.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success and failure), So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot.

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

icon_smile.gif Right, that's about it. If you have any questions then fire away. If not, I hope as many of you as possible will attempt the challenge.

I used the layout of the first post of Gundo's and Dafuge's Challenges to help do this, hope you guys don't mind. I just thought it was ideally set out, especially the 'how to post a screenshot' bit, I had no idea how to before popping onto one of your challenges! icon14.gif

Good Luck Everyone!

I guess I had better start this off!

I have selected the following leagues in my attempt to become the best manager ever seen....

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Starting Continent - Europe - Scotland (Down to Division 3).<LI>Africa - South African Premier League.<LI>Oceania - Australian Hyundai A-League.<LI>Asia - South Korean K-League.<LI>North America - U.S.A MLS.<LI>South America - Argentinian Premier Division.

I chose Dumbarton as my starting point.

Manager Profile icon_smile.gif

Dumbarton - Season 07/08

After the first few games of the season I am yet to record a victory within normal time.

I did manage a penalty shootout victory against Raith in the League Cup somehow after being dominated the whole game!

Cup Victory!

Montrose knocked me out of the Challenge Cup on penalties a couple of games later though.

Challenge Cup Defeat

Major Signings

I signed a couple of decent players for this level and am still trying to secure the signature of a few more.

James Baird - 6k from Tobago Utd

Fernando Screpis - 1k from Hearts

Dumbarton - End of Season Report - 07/08

Having been predicted a 5th position finish in the first season I managed to stay above that position from the 7th game of the season onwards thus making it a relatively successful season.

We finished in 2nd place and were favourites for our playoff semi-final. However it wasn't to be and after a 3-0 defeat at home we just couldn't do enough in the second leg and ended up losing 6-3 on aggregate.

I shall be applying for jobs in higher leagues should they come up but with my reputation still at 'unproven' I think I may have to at least see out my 2 year contract here at Dumbarton.

Performance this Season.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Third Division - 2nd Place - Playoff Semi.<LI>Scottish Cup - 3rd Round.<LI>League Cup - 2nd Round.<LI>Challenge Cup - 1st Round.

League Table

Positional Graph

07/08 - Dumbarton - Scottish Third Division - 2nd

Dumbarton - Season 08/09

The first few games of the season really didn't go to plan with us being knocked out of both the League Cup and the Challenge Cup at the first time of asking.

However, I still believe we will gain promotion this year after bringing in a few quality players, mostly for free. The two loan signings will be key as they will form my strikeforce along with a new youth player who looks a bit handy.

Transfers

One of the players to leave was David McFarlane who was our top scorer last year, hopefully we won't miss him too much.

icon_smile.gif

Dumbarton - End of Season Report - 08/09 - Manager Profile

This season my team was expected to do well with the media predicting 1st place finish. To be honest I expected the same, I had managed to bring in a couple of decent players and had kept the bulk of my team from the previous season.

Things didn't go to plan though, the start of the season was average at best and even though the team went on an unbeaten run that last from 24th Jan until the end of the normal season we could only manage 2nd so we had to try our luck in the playoffs again.

A 4-0 aggregate win over Brechin in the semi-final set me up nicely for the final. Going into it we were favourites and I fully expected us to beat Stenhousemuir.

The first leg was hard work and although we had more shots on target we ended up on the wrong end of a 1-0 scoreline.

Playoff Final 1st leg defeat.

Would we be able to turn it around in the second leg? I hoped so! I had just signed a new 2 year deal so I didn't want my career to stagnate in the 3rd division!

We started superbly with a goal in the 4th minute to cancel out their advantage and my team continued to pile on the pressure. Stenhousemuir managed to hit the post in the 20th minute though reminding me they were still a danger!

Luckily my team were spurred on by this and launched an attack of their own and grabbed a second goal! This was cancelled out almost immediately when one of my defenders gave away a penalty. So at half-time it was 2-2 on aggregate.

An early goal for us in the second half made me believe the win was on the cards but Stenhousemuir drew level again in the 75th minute. They went close to scoring a winner in the 93rd minute but we somehow managed to hold on to win the playoffs on away goals! icon_biggrin.gif

Playoff Win!

Performance this Season.

• <LI>Third Division - 2nd Place - Playoff Winners.

<LI>Scottish Cup - 4th Round.

<LI>League Cup - 1st Round.

<LI>Challenge Cup - 1st Round.

League Table

Positional Graph

Manager Overview

07/08 - Dumbarton - Scottish Third Division - 2nd

08/09 - Dumbarton - Scottish Third Division - 2nd - Playoff Winners

Gerard Rossi is ace! He got 22 in 41 for me last season. Do you play him on his own up front?

I play a 4-4-2 tactic that I've used since FM06. *laughs* I just tweak it every now and again. My other striker scored 35 in 28 somehow! I may have to sell him though, came through my youth and straight into the team this year and now people are interested.

no play him with chris templeton

they seem to do well together

have p mcmanus n ian harty but no point changin it when im winnin

got couple of bargain in midfield

defence weak though

get the feelin if i go up need 2 buy a whole back 4 n keeper or im straight back down

i dont usually apply for other jobs

should i wait till i have national rep?

Possibly! I'm regional rep at the moment and have had no luck getting a new job. I'm applying for all possible jobs to try and get up to the top divison as quickly as possible but I think I need to do better in the cups to get more attention.

icon_smile.gif I've not really played a game where I've moved clubs a lot so I'm not sure. It may be that I just take Dumbarton up to the top and then move to a different country after dominating Europe with them. *laughs* That'll probably take years though.

Im going to start this soon. Im going to be starting as a side in the Australian A-League .

Starting Continent - Oceania - Australian Hyundai A-League

Africa - South African Premier League.

Oceania - Australian Hyundai A-League.

Asia - South Korean K-League.

North America - U.S.A MLS.

South America - Brazilian Premier Division.

Europe- England (down to conference south)

seem to be doing this challenge on my own

might look for a new one

3rd season East fife

went really well until the play-off final where the goals dried up and the decisions went against me

http://www.imageshock.eu/?img=2435159,efxth.jpg

http://www.imageshock.eu/?img=2435160,ef346.jpg

http://www.imageshock.eu/?img=2435161,ef4ti.jpg

http://www.imageshock.eu/?img=2435162,ef5jw.jpg

as you can see for most of the season scoring was not the problem

defence needed tightened up

• 1 year later...

William Hall Manager Profile

I was looking forward to this challenge, I loaded the following leagues

Starting in Oceania/Asia Australian Hyundai A-League

Europe - English League System down to Coca Cola League Two

Asia - South Korean A-League