transfer funds?!

Do my transfer funds decline as the season goes on and the clubs bank balance declines?

I ask this because I have £30 mil left to spend and was planning on spending some of it in January or maybe even next summer but i'm worried that as the club loses money (which they are doing at around £7 mil a month!) they will take money out of my transfer budget to cover costs!!

It does get 'carried over', but not in the literal sense.

By not spending your entire transfer budget, you'd have a higher club balance come end of the season. Therefore you'd very likely have a higher transfer budget the next season than if you'd simply just spent your entire budget.

I always try to squirre laway my transfer budget into my wage budget (it also gives a nice little boost to your board confidence bar) so that they'll give me more cas hthe next year, but my club's never got poorer under my control so I don't know if it's actually making a difference.

It does get 'carried over', but not in the literal sense.

By not spending your entire transfer budget, you'd have a higher club balance come end of the season. Therefore you'd very likely have a higher transfer budget the next season than if you'd simply just spent your entire budget.

That doesn't make any sense. Say you get 100% of your balance for transfers, £30m balance = £30m transfer budget, you don;t spend a penny, but you're losing £2m a month on outgoings. One year later you will have lost £24m, leaving you with a budget of £6m, once again you get 100% for transfers so you get £6m. Of course, you'd have a higher budget than had you spent the £30m, you'd have been £24m in the red, but that doesn't mean that it's carried over, in a literal sense, or otherwise.

I.e. it's not a given that you'll get plenty of money next season if you don;t spend anything this season.

However, if you're leaking money I would advise against spending that money this season, as it will only cause financial restrictions next season and could throw you into debt.

That doesn't make any sense. Say you get 100% of your balance for transfers, £30m balance = £30m transfer budget, you don;t spend a penny, but you're losing £2m a month on outgoings. One year later you will have lost £24m, leaving you with a budget of £6m, once again you get 100% for transfers so you get £6m. Of course, you'd have a higher budget than had you spent the £30m, you'd have been £24m in the red, but that doesn't mean that it's carried over, in a literal sense, or otherwise.

I.e. it's not a given that you'll get plenty of money next season if you don;t spend anything this season.

However, if you're leaking money I would advise against spending that money this season, as it will only cause financial restrictions next season and could throw you into debt.

I'm not actually sure what you are trying to say as nothing in your example contradicts what I said.

You decide to spend your entire budget. You go in the red. You have less money in the bank the next season. You have a lower budget the next season.

You decide not to spend your entire budget. You have a healthier balance come end of the season. You have a higher budget the next season.

It's as simple as that.

The board sets a new transfer budget every season based on expected turnover and balance. Chairman ambition and expectations also has a lot to do with it.

Did it really take 7 posts before this ^^^^^^^^ The Correct Answer, was posted?

:confused:

Archived