Team talks in cup matches

Now I know the problems with team talks having too much influence have been discussed exhaustively on here. This is not a thread about that!

Basically, we have had the same problem on FM ever since team talks came in, and I'm quite amazed it still hasn't been changed yet.

Whenever I win a cup match on penalties, it gives me my team talk options as though I have just drawn the game. My assistant's advice is usually to tell the players they played poorly.

I don't want to say that when I have a won a shootout, even if we did play poorly, or only got the draw against lower opposition in normal time.

Now, I know the option to say 'Well done' is usually there, but again, if it was against lower league opposition , I wouldn't want to just praise them if they drew in normal time. I would want the option to say something along the lines 'You played poorly, but well done on winning the shootout'.

Or, 'You were unlucky to not win in 90 (or 120) mins, but well done on winning the shootout', etc.

I'm sure the fellas at SI can come up with better lines than that, but they are just examples.

Anyone else annoyed with this/noticed this/got anything to say on this?

Also, it would be nice to have an official line from SI as to whether there are plans to change these cup tie team talks in FM11.

Cheers.

I'm 1-0 up in the cup final at half time. None of the options take my fancy.

I dont like the sound of "we already have one hand on the cup" which is the one that has replaced "encourage" or "I want to see more from you". Its just asking for trouble.

The only others are "pleased", "dissapointed" or "dont let your peformance drop"

It would be easier if I was 1 nil down because my choices would be better.

God I hate team talks.

Bump. Any more opinions/comment from SI please? :)

Not likely. They don't usually speak in this cases. Because it is something that will change only in the next version.

or maybe I'm wrong... Who knows?

But agree Team Talks needs revamp... well i think the all game needs revamp.

Archived