Why can't I buy Cassano season one?

The gist is if you dont want to read all that that i have offered 60mil up front and still cant get an offer accepted. what do i need to do to get a realistic offer accepted? and is this normal for the first transfer window and cassano?

It's the first transfer window, and i have tested to see if he will come to my club by offering 200 mil and offering him a contract. he is not currently interested in joining my club, but he accepts the offer if I offer max contract. So, after doing the test, I started offering 20mil, 21mil, etc to try and get a reasonable offer accepted. I figured I could get him for 20-25mil at worst. No offers have been accepted!

So, i decide to offer 35mil (up front) just to see if they'll accept that. Nope. Then, 60 mil up front!!!!

Still no.

Sometimes this game is just completely stupid/unrealistic. This player is a centerpiece for me. He is one of the only true quality pace/flair/passing/creativity AMC's/FC's available to my team with it's current reputation (sunderland).

Why cant i get him for 20-30 mil like i should be able to? What can i do to fix this.. bug? idiotic aspect of the game? broken transfer system?

How do I fix it? Ty

Why would Sampdoria sell him when he's the best player they have? Not a bug at all.

lol are you serious? Obviously they wouldn't give him away, but you don't think they'd sell him for 60 mil pounds (or is it euros?)? You're right he is their best player, but with that cash they could buy three players of his quality. He's no Fernando Torres and Torres got sold for much less than 60 mil. Ronaldinho got sold for much less. Alves got sold for much less. 60 mil is outrageous. It is a bug because Palombo is also their best player and they're selling him to me for 16 mil and Noswarthy.

Also, not to rub this in your face or anything, but I could buy Cassano for 20 mil in FM09 in the first transfer window of season one. Cassano's value has not gone up 40mil over the offseason, therefore either SI got it wrong last year, or they've got it wrong this year. Either way, like I said, there is a bug, or an unrealistic aspect to it.

Instead of arguing that it isn't unrealistic, because obviously it is, can someone please just give me a remedy? Is there a way to fix this short of adding a manager to samp and selling him for 25mil? I'd rather play the game 100% legit, even if that would just be correcting a mistake by SI.

If they had my chairman they would have accepted 10m.

Basically the AI doesnt want to sell to human managers, If the AI had offered half that they would of bit his hand off,

The transfer system on this FM is a mile out.

If they had my chairman they would have accepted 10m.

Basically the AI doesnt want to sell to human managers, If the AI had offered half that they would of bit his hand off,

The transfer system on this FM is a mile out.

Each chairman is different, same as every player is different. Chairmen all have different stats from each other, so it's obvious that no two would ever react the same.

I can see why they wouldn't sell.

Yes 60 million can get them 3 quality players, but there probably aren't any interested players out there who are as good as he is. Probably not too many even close to his level of ability.

As a football club, there'd be no point in keeping all that money in a bank account.

just because you offer way above his value ...............if the club dont wont to sell end of story

of interest have you tried offerd to buy over 48 months.......................I have had cash deals turned down....but when I offer same money over 48 months..accepted?????

It annoys me slightly that the AI refused good offers from human managers, for example in my game Sao Paulo have a regen called Dudu, he is great solid defender who I wanted, I noted Sao Paulos rivals Corintihians had an £8million bid accepted, but I went up to £20 million all refused!!!!!

lol are you serious? Obviously they wouldn't give him away, but you don't think they'd sell him for 60 mil pounds (or is it euros?)? You're right he is their best player, but with that cash they could buy three players of his quality. He's no Fernando Torres and Torres got sold for much less than 60 mil. Ronaldinho got sold for much less. Alves got sold for much less. 60 mil is outrageous. It is a bug because Palombo is also their best player and they're selling him to me for 16 mil and Noswarthy.

Also, not to rub this in your face or anything, but I could buy Cassano for 20 mil in FM09 in the first transfer window of season one. Cassano's value has not gone up 40mil over the offseason, therefore either SI got it wrong last year, or they've got it wrong this year. Either way, like I said, there is a bug, or an unrealistic aspect to it.

Whos to say they could replace him at all even with that money? They're not one of the biggest teams in the world that can attract any player, maybe Cassano is a player of the highest quality that they can possibly attract. Also his value to Sampdoria could have gone up that much in a year because he has quickly become one of the most dangerous attacking players in Serie A and who knows, if he's just signed a new contract that makes him more expensive as well. My scouts said i could sign Kjaer for 20m but then he signed a new 5 year deal and now they say he would cost 50m.

This isn't manager mode on FIFA where you can sign any player as long as you have the money.

Kaka wanted to leave AC Milan to join Real Madrid.

Would Cassano want to leave his home country and Sampdoria to join Sunderland in World Cup year? No.

I would be amazed if either a world cup/Euro champs year had any affect whasoever on the game. Maybe someone from SI could confirm thid either way?

Have you tried unsettling him? If you are a club with a bigger reputation you can court him in the press and as he wants to go you can get him for a smaller fee.

It took Real a whole year to get Ronaldo off Man Utd.

I'm sure I read somewhere they had already agreed on the transfer, but Man Utd wanted to wait a year? And none of the involved parties could tell anyone?

i tryed for ages to buy a plyers for ages hes worth £8 million so i offered £40 million after lots of attemps still couldn't get him. then he wanted to leave and the club couldn't keep so he put in a transfer request and i get im for £15 million. you have to try and keep trying to unsettle the player.

That's interesting because on the 10.1 version, Cassano actually has a 17.5 mil release clause.

Maybe he signed a new contract?

@ BoyledShark

Its not a bug or unrealistic you just need to accept this is a simulation and not an arcade game.

Is the player unhappy?

How long is his contract?

Why would he want to play for you?

Put an enquiry in see what they reply with, praise the player, does he become unsettled?

Put in a reasonable transfer offer £15-£20m, is it negotiated?

Look at it this way. I have a player under contract. He has not asked for a move and I do not wish to sell. You can offer me all the money in the world and if I do not to sell that's the end of it. On FM09 as Man U I had repeated stupid offers for Ronaldo and Rooney and turned them down. Seems reasonable to me.

Look at it this way. I have a player under contract. He has not asked for a move and I do not wish to sell. You can offer me all the money in the world and if I do not to sell that's the end of it. On FM09 as Man U I had repeated stupid offers for Ronaldo and Rooney and turned them down. Seems reasonable to me.

true plus man u sold ronaldo for £80 million and milan sold kaka for £50 million.

Always makes me laugh when people defend the game/transfer system by saying it's realistic for clubs to turn down crazy money because "they don't want to sell". In reality, there are only a few players that would have a 60 million pounds offer rejected and Cassano certainly isn't one of them.

It's only a game though and seeing as human managers already have such a big advantage in the transfer market over AI managers, I guess it's ok. If we were going for realism, it should only be super rich clubs that reject astronomical fees for their best players.

I think the problem here is the fact you 'tested' if he'd join you with the £200m bid. As you were willing to pay that a few days ago, they are not going to then accept less than half the original amount a few days or weeks later.

Think about it. In real life, if Real Madrid put in say a £100m bid for Rooney, pulled out, then a few days later said, oooh, here's some bids for less than half our bid from last week, then it's obvious what the outcome would be. I think if you just hadn't made the 'tester' bid, it would have been all fine.

ETA: Actually forget less than half, you're asking why you can't get him for £20-30m after originally agreeing a £200m fee, it's obvious why, that's only 10-15% of your original bid! Start the game again, don't make any outrageous tester bids, and I'm sure you'll get him for a reasonable price.

Simple question - Would you sell him for 60 million if you had him ?

Possibly. I sold a great player for 25m thinking thats not bad but that was before I realised the comp were charging 75m for their good players.

Kaka wanted to leave AC Milan to join Real Madrid.

Would Cassano want to leave his home country and Sampdoria to join Sunderland in World Cup year? No.

absolutely not. Milan has sold Kakà, and Kakà didn'd said no to Real. But Kakà doesn't want to move from Milano.

Lol please read my post entirely before responding. This isn't about cassano not wanting to join my club. He wants to. He agreed to a contract after I made a 200mil bid for him and offered a contract. If you think it's unrealistic that he'd join sunderland then that's just another unrealistic thingbecause he will join my team. It has nothing to do with him, or the contract, just with his team accepting my offer. Anyone who does not think that sampdoria would accept a 60 million euro bid for cassano (who is a hot head and has a bad reputation to boot) is crazy and just trying to defend SI against all odds. It's unrealistic, period.

And, for the record, I waited until august and now they're accepting a bid of 37mil over 38 months. They did not want 60 mil up front (or over 48 months), but now they're selling him for 37 mil over 48 months. And it's not some 48 months bug because they accept 37 up front now too. Rofl. It's 100% unrealistic and really really really stupid. Good job SI. You guys are really good.

Maybe he signed a new contract?

@ BoyledShark

Its not a bug or unrealistic you just need to accept this is a simulation and not an arcade game.

Is the player unhappy?

How long is his contract?

Why would he want to play for you?

Put an enquiry in see what they reply with, praise the player, does he become unsettled?

Put in a reasonable transfer offer £15-£20m, is it negotiated?

Listen again.

YOU OFFERED 200 MILLION.

They know you might offer that a gain, so will hold out for it.

By August, they know they are running out of time (you haven't splashed the 200m) so drop the asking price.

i don't think he wants to listen to reason i think he created this thread to attack SI because he didn't get his way.

absolutely not. Milan has sold Kakà, and Kakà didn'd said no to Real. But Kakà doesn't want to move from Milano.

Yes and no.

He wanted to stay at Milan, because he felt part of the family. Then they accepted the bid from City in the winter window, and he thought 'maybe I'm not so wanted after all'. So he rejected the nouveau riche and held out for the move to the old money in the summer, which is the move he wanted.

Lol please read my post entirely before responding. This isn't about cassano not wanting to join my club. He wants to. He agreed to a contract after I made a 200mil bid for him and offered a contract. If you think it's unrealistic that he'd join sunderland then that's just another unrealistic thingbecause he will join my team. It has nothing to do with him, or the contract, just with his team accepting my offer. Anyone who does not think that sampdoria would accept a 60 million euro bid for cassano (who is a hot head and has a bad reputation to boot) is crazy and just trying to defend SI against all odds. It's unrealistic, period.

And, for the record, I waited until august and now they're accepting a bid of 37mil over 38 months. They did not want 60 mil up front (or over 48 months), but now they're selling him for 37 mil over 48 months. And it's not some 48 months bug because they accept 37 up front now too. Rofl. It's 100% unrealistic and really really really stupid. Good job SI. You guys are really good.

Its unrealistic because of the way you have approached it.

No manager walks up to a club and offers three times a players value off the cuff demanding an instant decision in real life. They enquire, negotiate a value and eventually agree on a price over a period of time.

If you approach the game in an unrealistic manner you will get unrealistic results.

the very idea that sampdoria would turn down £60m for cassano :D

some people on here are strange

Totally agree, pretty sure all chairmen would accept that. Unless the possibility of signing another striker was impossible because they had all died?!

Btw, does anyone actually know that the guy didn't just reload the game after doing the "tester" bid of £200M? I don't know about you lot but whenever i "test" something its generally a test and i then undo(so to speak) my actions.

Once again I must show my disbelief at the attitude of some posters on this forum. I wag my finger specifically in the direction of cougar before widening my serarch to others in a close radius.

The only two transfers in real life to hit over £60m were Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Can someone please tell me with a smidgen of rational why ANY club wouldnt accept £60m (potentially the third highest in the world) for Cassano, a good yet not great troublemaker of a footballer?

Once again I must show my disbelief at the attitude of some posters on this forum. I wag my finger specifically in the direction of cougar before widening my serarch to others in a close radius.

The only two transfers in real life to hit over £60m were Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Can someone please tell me with a smidgen of rational why ANY club wouldnt accept £60m (potentially the third highest in the world) for Cassano, a good yet not great troublemaker of a footballer?

Because he bid 200m first.

That doesnt matter. The AI has a set value it will accept, which can be viewed through genie or the like. A big bid shouldnt change that.

It should change it, think about it logically if he bids 200m and they say yes and then he withdraws the bid, they're going to hold out for that same value again from him and if he starts bidding like 20m they're gonna say thats not good enough they want something close to what he was bidding before.

See its about negotiating and by offering 200m your driving up his value in the negotiaitions so you have to offer a bit less than 200m and try to work them down and it is unlikely in the near future that he will be able to sign Cassano for a realistic amount.

Archived