149 million help..

Ladz

Im not complaining but i think this is a tad weird..

Im Manchester united in the third season, just came off the greatest ever season ive had, winning the charity shield, super cup, world club championship, the league cup, the league, and Champions Cup, only lossing in the semi finals to chelsea in the Fa cup...

and waiting for my transfer kitty in the offseason...

149 MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont ask me how this has happen.. No takeover bis not sheik from Saudi comming in or anything..

I had success last season but that amount of money cant be offered to me each season..

so what i would like to do now, is use this money to buy as many young good players as i can get onto..

Im thinking

Sakho

Fazio

Arealoa

Renan

Gourcuaff ( dont know how to spell his name)

(already have jovetic,velloso,gago,chillieni,dzeko, palacious, Robben, joe heart, akinfeev,macheada,fabio,rafeal,anderson,rooney,johny evans,ben foster) **all my young players as well as top transfers**

so my questions are

Is that an odd occurance ( transfer kitty)

good young players ( ive looked at that good player forum but i would like to know a player to suite my team)

should i splash out my 149 mil and forget about the debt

splash out the cash on C.R.9?

(bring him back home)

hahah any advice would be greatly appreciated:thup:

Cheers:D

I'd add one superstar to your side and buy a bunch of teenager regens with the rest. If the afore mentioned superstar will take too much out of your budget, then screw it, all teenage regens it is.

With the side you have I see no need to buy up a few already established youngsters, they'll cost so much more and just sit on the bench going to waste. If you do want to go down that route, maybe set the transfer date to the end of the season so that they get another full season of 1st team football and more time to develope, also saving you a years worth of wages.

if you had a team that won all of those competitions last season, why would you change anything? just buy a bunch of regens for the future.

also, if you think it's a bit unrealistic, don't use it. i almost never use all of my transfer budget

Its not about changing for the worse, i did not win those competitions easily enough, ALOT of luck as well as help from other teams who over achieved..

I just want to make a change and improve in areas such as right back as rafeal is good not not as solid he still has slumps in his performance's.. and i dont have a such a great creative midfield just a young vibrant and forceful one. would prefer to get a dangerous wing man and id be set.

But the idea about buying the regen but setting the date til end of season is a FANTASTIC idea :thup:

Thanks lads but keep commenting i wana hear some other ideas :thup:

Tell me about it after a good season with Liverpool Gillet injected 100m into the club and i got a transfer budget of 78m. I'm pretty sure he meant to take 100m from the club rather than putting that sort of money in.

But i used most of it anyway, may as well make the most of it. I spent 17m on Sakho and then sold Agger for 10m, and then i bought Clichy for 48m and sold Insua for 12m. After that i spent a bit more on a few regens.

If you haven't already, you should try asking in the Official Man Utd thread.

That said, it's not uncommon, I've had 150m in my transfer kitty for the last 5 or so seasons, but thanks to buying decent newgens i really don't ever spend any of it, and add to it when i sell off my aging stars as the youth come through.

Just checked, i'm in season 11 as Man Utd and I've got 228m in my kitty and no plans to spend anything, and toying with the idea of selling a 30+ Jonny Evans as I seem to have collected a plethora of good DC newgens.

From the list you suggested, I'd definately buy Sakho (my CB and vice captain in the 11th season) and Gourcuff - who played for me for a good 5 seasons and was an excellent tutor before i sold him a few seasons ago. I dunno if Yoann still has a 17.5 clause or not, but well worth it.

My advice would be to look at the balance and see how much you were losing each month. Then try to calculate how much you can afford to spend without the balance going into the red. This is the main problem when managed a team with large debts like Man Utd and as long as you keep winning then the debt is manageable but always be wary not to spend too much and cripple the finances later on in the season.

got similar thing at liverpool with 120 million transfer budget so landed alexis sanchz for 30 million and fabregas for 62million. went for players that need in positions that was poor not just buying for sake of it. if you buy too many players for same positions players get unhappy as they wont be able to be guaranteed first team football

Archived