The 2007/08 Chelsea Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Administrators

Yeah, no flashy titles here, we can't afford them now Roman's being tight.

Anyway, we're back for another season as we attempt to reclaim what is rightfully ours. We'll also try to better that 4th place, and attempt to bring the Premiership Trophy back to the Bridge. The following details some Chelsea related goodness, which will be added to this week but not after that as I blatantly won't be arsed. But it'd be nice if we could reach more than the 54 pages of last season. Y'know.

Senior Squad

1 Petr ÄŒech

3 Ashley Cole

4 Claude Makélélé

5 Michael Essien

6 Ricardo Carvalho

7 Andriy Shevchenko

8 Frank Lampard

9 Khalid Boulahrouz

10 Joe Cole

11 Didier Drogba

12 Mikel John Obi

13 Michael Ballack

14 Gérémi

16 Arjen Robben

18 Wayne Bridge

19 Lassana Diarra

20 Paulo Ferreira

21 Salomon Kalou

22 Magnus Hedman

23 Carlo Cudicini

24 Shaun Wright-Phillips

26 John Terry

40 Hilário

41 Yves Makabu Ma-Kalambay

42 Jonas Elmer

43 Ryan Bertrand

44 Michael Mancienne

46 Jimmy Smith

47 Ben Sahar

48 Michael Woods

49 Scott Sinclair

50 Lee Sawyer

51 Sam Hutchinson

+ Steven Sidwell

+ Claudio Pizarro

+ Alex

+ Tal Ben Haim

Reserves

Liam Bridcutt

Jack Cork

Fabio Ferreira

Anthony Grant

Carl Magnay

Adrian Pettigrewe

James Simmonds

Rhys Taylor

Sergio Tejera

Per Weirauch

Harry Worley

Under 18s

Nicky Ahmed

Shaun Cummings

Ricardo Fernandes

Aldi Haxia

Niclas Heimann

Jordan Hibbert

Billy-Joe King

Jacob Mellis

Morten Nielsen

Nana Ofori

Adam Phillip

Danny Philliskirk

Jack Saville

Jan Sebek

Miroslav Stoch

Jordan Tabor

Tom Taiwo

Transfers

IN

Steven Sidwell, Reading, Free Transfer

Claudio Pizarro, Bayern Munich, Free Transfer

Alex, PSV, Loan Return

OUT

Nuno Morais, APOEL Nicosia, Free Transfer

Tom Bird, Released

Sam Hurrell, Released

Tomi Saarelma, Released

Nick Hamann, Released

James Russell, Released

2006/07 Pre-Season Fixtures

July 15th 2007: Club America vs Chelsea, Palo Alto, CA

July 18th 2007: Suwon Bluewings vs Chelsea, Los Angeles, CA

July 22nd 2007: Los Angeles Galaxy vs Chelsea, Los Angeles, CA

July 25th 2007: Feyenoord vs Chelsea, Rotterdam

July 28th 2007: Rangers vs Chelsea, Glasgow

July 31st 2007: Brondby vs Chelsea, Brondby

August 5th 2007: Manchester United vs Chelsea, Wembley

2007/08 Premiership Fixtures

Here

Some notes on these fixtures then. Starting at home to a newly promoted team again. In recentish years we've had Wigan and Sunderland in this fashion, and naturally nicer to start at the Bridge. The big three, we play away each before they come to the Bridge, Liverpoool is early and United very late, I wonder if it gets cunningly re-arranged. Villa home Boxing Day, and a wonderful wonderful Fulham away on New Year's Day is immense. Finish at home to Bolton, last time we did that, we relegated them.

Our fixtures after CL Group games:

Matchday One: Sept 18/19

- Manchester United A

Matchday Two: Oct 2/3

- Bolton A

Matchday Three: Oct 23/24

- Manchester City H

Matchday Four: Nov 6/7

- Everton H

Matchday Five: Nov 23/24

- Derby A

Matchday Six: Dec 11/12

- Arsenal A

Could've been easier but to be fair we don't know where we'll be yet.

Oh, and since it's unveiled today, The new away kit

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jhype:

So what Semi will we play/beat you lot in this year?

What day in September will you be out of the title race by? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Shergar:

Funny that away kick looks liken Barca, nice way to add to the rivalry icon_biggrin.gif

I really like it icon14.gif

Good news about Ben-Haim, just need a right-back now. Would be nice to get a Tevez/Villa as well but can't see it tbh, just have to hope Kalou continues to improve, Sahar can make an impact and, most importantly, we will see the real Shevchenko icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by JamieDay:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jhype:

What day in September will you be out of the title race by? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

0I'll take that as a decent comeback

3rd game of the season should be interesting anyway

What day in December will you be out of the title race by? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bwaahaha get back in your corner jhype

Nice understated new title, decent news about Ben Haim, 2 good signings so far and Sidwell. Good start to the season imo.

Still liking that new away kit, wonder why the 'keeper kit isn't revealed yet, didn't even realise it was changing.

alwight treacles? / dobrý den!

Just posting so we can beat 54 pages. plus i know you're all EAGER to know how me living and working in prague is going. so I can officially say that it is going awesome. working 8:30-2 so I have just finished work and wont stay long as I want a cheap meal and a 70p pint. it must be about 30 degrees outside.

accidently ended up in a whore house on saturday night after a big black guy said he would knock me out if i didn't go in. that was an experience and a half. the women were lovely though. never been asked for sex by so many women in one night before (must have been that new shirt I was wearing). probably one not to tell the girlfriend about.

as for the job, that's pretty sexy. working in the czech national library doing computery / database stuff. portals, gateways, databases, translation etc. using my french as much as my czech too. I'll be fluent by early july. and anyone who knows what libraries are like for gorgeous women, will know what I mean. Especially when you add in the prague factor.

reading new fixtures is so much fun. overal, quite happy with the fixtures.

I haven't seen petr Äech (that c thing is easy to do with these czech keyboards icon_cool.gif) strolling around yet, so I'm a little disappointed. but I will keep searching.

anyway, food and beer calls.

ciao

So has Alex officially been returned then? Good news if so. I think the three players set to depart (as mentioned by Kenyon) will be Boulahrouz, Gérémi and Makélélé- I don't see any of them even getting close to the first team next year, even poor old Maka considering the absolute wealth of midfielders we've got now. As for right back, I don't think Mourinho's going to make the signing most of us are hoping for (Daniel Alves), rather stick with Paulo Ferreira and Glen Johnson, or maybe Lassana Diarra if the latter still adamantly refuses to fulfill what was once great potential.

How did Johnson play for Portsmouth anyhow? I'm guessing since they bought Lauren mid-season he can't have made himself seem particularly unmoveable?

I agree with you about Ferreira, but based upon both the players the club have seemingly been targeting and some of the statements Mourinho has made, I don't really get the impression that he feels the RB position is a priority for a new face.

New Thread \o/

Great few signings so far..specially since they are all free... icon14.gif

ACN is from 20/1 to 10/2 and the matches it catches are:

Reading H

Portsmouth A

Liverpool H

If we have to release players from January 1st then they'll also miss:

Fulham A

Tottenham H

Birmingham A

Game with L'pool is one day before the ACN final so most players should be back by then (no Ivories v Nigeria/Gana final please icon_eek.gif)

Why are the fixtures in the EPL not "up and down"...most if not all countries make a 1st "turn" draw and then the 2nd half is the same order but i see that it's all jumbled up in the EPL

Utd are 7th in the first turn, but then only come on the 36th game in the second turn.

I understand trying to produce an "attractive" schedule...but it all sounds a bit dodgy icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by orion318:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yido05:

Why do Chelsea fans and players say that the league title is "rightfully ours"?

cause we bought it IIRC icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha, Choked on a bit of cucumber then icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamieDay:

Arghhh I want it all to start now, will be a long two months icon_frown.gif

At least we have the spectacle of murdering LA Galaxy in Beckham's first game for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what is gong to be a rather good trip to Ibrox!

I'm going, getting the National Express for £8, after a 9 hours journey, I've got a Travellodge for £16 and then match tickets. It's going to be ace!

My opinion on Chelsea this season will depend entirely on the amount of game time Pizarro and Ashley get. Should Pizarro play often enough to cancel out the latter's cuntyness, we'll be coolio.

Pizarro breaks Cole's leg in training? I'll blow Juni.

Originally posted by Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamieDay:

At least we have the spectacle of murdering LA Galaxy in Beckham's first game for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm going, getting the National Express for £8, after a 9 hours journey, I've got a Travellodge for £16 and then match tickets. It's going to be ace! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds amazing. When are we playing them, are tickets still available?

Originally posted by Go-Go:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

I'm going, getting the National Express for £8, after a 9 hours journey, I've got a Travellodge for £16 and then match tickets. It's going to be ace! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds amazing. When are we playing them, are tickets still available? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weekend of 27th of July I think.

Dunno about tickets nothing on our site. I think my cousin is going to sort them out. Hopefully can utilise my newly purchased membership!

Originally posted by Go-Go:

Cheers, somehow post in here if you get any tickets information please.

Somehow? I'll do it the ususal way by sitting and typing! ;-)

I'll speak to my cousin tonight.

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

Why only Juni icon_frown.gif He didn't buy them.

First Chelsea name that popped in my head (so to speak). Maybe next time mate, or if you buy another favourite of mine and he breaks Ballack's leg. icon14.gif

Archived