How to correct in-game contradictions

tak

For example a young player of 18 years is having a very good spell. You tell the press you are pleased and he says he is under no illusions and that he can still up his game. A few days later at the pre match press conference you are being asked if his playing at top of his form. Naturally you say there is more to come. He becomes unhappy. At this stage you load FMRTE and increase his morale to what it should be.

You've already made this post before, haven't you?

I always use FMRTE to add realism. For example I asked if I think player A (19 years old) is playing to his full potential. I say, no he has a lot to give. He gets upset. Now, in real life you could talk to him and say, I really think you will become a star, you have fantastic potential, don't get upset, and give him a hug. Since I can't do that in FM I use FMRTE, his morale goes 20 and we are all happy.

Tbf, I can see your point for just the once. With a real-life person you can clarify what you meant if it comes across the wrong way. And in FM you can't. But there are very obvious reasons for why you can't, and I don't see that being changed any time soon. Doesn't really make using FMRTE 'realistic'; you need to find a way in-game to circumvent it.

My previous post is similar but not the same. In this case the player tells the press he can up his game but when the manager agrees two days later he becomes unhappy. I don't need to find a way ingame to circumvent a game error.

With respect, you're the only one moaning, tak.

I do feel that there are some occasions where player interaction can be a let down, because things do not stack up. It is certainly an area where things need polishing.

tak, why don't you just real time edit everything? Seeing as you have such a penchant for it (as you mention it in nearly every post) then perhaps the editors hideaway should be your best forum?

As SCIAG says, the interaction needs improving, I'll agree with that.

I am just suggesting solutions to people who are upset by the unrealistic features of FM. Take them or leave them. I am only showing how to make the game a lot more creative and imaginative, but basicaly a lot more real.

If you want to moan be my guest. I am changing the culture of "editing=cheating". As a matter of fact, non-editing=obedience and slavery, whereas editing=creativity and game improvement.

I am just suggesting solutions to people who are upset by the unrealistic features of FM. Take them or leave them. I am only showing how to make the game a lot more creative and imaginative, but basicaly a lot more real.

If you want to moan be my guest. I am changing the culture of "editing=cheating". As a matter of fact, non-editing=obedience and slavery, whereas editing=creativity and game improvement.

I still fail to see who's moaning. :confused:

P.S. If you go by the editing=cheating thing (to each his own) maybe you should check out the LLM forum. They love people like you. :thup:

OK, I see your point. I sympathise. I understand. Can you stop moaning now and do something useful? Let us creative people create a better world. You just eat what they serve you like good boys...

*bangs head against wall* Who the shirt ties is moaning?! :mad:

I highly recommend trying out the LLM forum, tak. You will be treated like a god there!

Archived