A bug or just unlucky......

I'm currently Celtic in my second season in the SPL. I have just received my post split fixtures and i am away to Rangers- for the third time this season!! That means i will have played them once at home and three times away for the second sason in a row. I know that, depending on who finishes in the top/bottom six these sort of anomalies are thrown up occasionally but in real life the SPL ensure that the Celtic-Rangers always play each other twice at home and twice away. So is that 'rule' incorporated in the game and i have a bug or are the post split fixtures pot luck and i've just been unlucky?

• 3 weeks later...

i'm bumping this as i just got my post split fixtures and for the third season in a row there are three old firm matches at ibrox and one at celtic park- that can't just be unlucky! To extend my point, there appears to be another fixture issue in the SPL. Again, i'll use the old firm as an example- the three seasons i have been playing have seen the old firm fixtures arranged like this-

season 1- ibrox, celtic park, ibrox, ibrox

season 2- ibrox, celtic park, ibrox, ibrox

season 3- ibrox, celtic park, ibrox, ibrox

In real life, the SPL arranges fixtures the opposite way around every season so season 2 should have seen the fixtures in this order- celtic park, ibrox, celtic park, ibrox. This clearly isn't happening in my game.

Can someone from S I confirm if this is a bug?

i'm bumping this as i just got my post split fixtures and for the third season in a row there are three old firm matches at ibrox and one at celtic park- that can't just be unlucky! To extend my point, there appears to be another fixture issue in the SPL. Again, i'll use the old firm as an example- the three seasons i have been playing have seen the old firm fixtures arranged like this-

season 1- ibrox, celtic park, ibrox, ibrox

season 2- ibrox, celtic park, ibrox, ibrox

season 3- ibrox, celtic park, ibrox, ibrox

In real life, the SPL arranges fixtures the opposite way around every season so season 2 should have seen the fixtures in this order- celtic park, ibrox, celtic park, ibrox. This clearly isn't happening in my game.

Can someone from S I confirm if this is a bug?

thats a bug no doubt there;)

Luck (or lack thereof) of the draw...

I'll pluck out the old firm fixtures from my save that's 15 years in...team listed was the home team in each game:

Season #1: Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Rangers

#2: Celtic, Rangers, Celtic, Celtic

#3: Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Celtic

#4: Celtic, Rangers, Celtic, Rangers

#5: Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Celtic

#6: Celtic, Rangers, Rangers, Rangers (first two games came on either side of a game against Hearts, so I'm guessing one of them got postponed at some point)

#7: Celtic, Rangers, Celtic, Rangers

...I could go on for the other 8 seasons, but to sum up I'd basically just be saying play the game like a man rather than a bhoy ;)

• 3 months later...

This really frustrated me today. Lost the title by one point after having to face Celtic away 3 times (all old firm games went with the home side). Mega frustrating after leading nearly all season, I even got a record points total until the last day when Celtic overtook me.

It's not a bug - it is possible IRl but never happens.

This is probably the most unhelpful post ever! And very vauge. But I do remeber seeing a thread with this problem and one poster gave an explanation of the circumstances that are needer for this to happen.

Archived