Odd regen positions?

Kinda curious on this, there are a few regens in my game who are natural in both the striker and centerback positions. Seems unusual for a player to be either a natural forward, or natural striker, but have no skill at any other position doesn't it? Also noticed a regen who is a natural striker and fullback, which seems just as strange. Anyone notice this in their game?

Sorry to be a pest, but Dion Dublin? ;) There are a fair few "lump" players who are good centre backs, and good target men, but nothing else.

What do you mean by "halfback", exactly? Full back, central midfielder? Either alternative seems slightly odd, I'll admit.

"A few" regens that can play as striker and centre-back seems pretty normal, usually in the lower leagues if you have a player who's a lump he can be quite an assett up front and at the back. The game describing him as a 'natural' is kind of saying that he can play better in those two positions than any other, I suspect he won't be a natural by any means, but just a bit of a donkey.

"A few" regens that can play as striker and centre-back seems pretty normal, usually in the lower leagues if you have a player who's a lump he can be quite an assett up front and at the back. The game describing him as a 'natural' is kind of saying that he can play better in those two positions than any other, I suspect he won't be a natural by any means, but just a bit of a donkey.

According to Cleon in the tactics forums, these positional guides are for newbs only and its really only the attributes that determine where a player plays.

Sorry to be a pest, but Dion Dublin? ;) There are a fair few "lump" players who are good centre backs, and good target men, but nothing else.

What do you mean by "halfback", exactly? Full back, central midfielder? Either alternative seems slightly odd, I'll admit.

My bad, I meant to say fullback, a few days ago I remember seeing a player who was natural forward, left back, and right back...and nothing else, was an odd sight.

I've seen a fair few that have been natural wing backs on either side and nothing else. Of little or no use to me as most of my long-term success is built around 3-5-2.

Whilst I'm in the mood for a rant, has anyone else noticed that the quality of Full/Wing back newgens seems to be higher than the CB ones?

I've seen a fair few that have been natural wing backs on either side and nothing else. Of little or no use to me as most of my long-term success is built around 3-5-2.

Whilst I'm in the mood for a rant, has anyone else noticed that the quality of Full/Wing back newgens seems to be higher than the CB ones?

Yeah, a lot of WB regens are pretty good. Fortunately most I find are accomplished fullbacks as well, so I can train them.

Gary Doherty is another one, but really Dublin in game would be a natural striker and a competent, or at a stretch, accomplished centre half (yeah I know technically he started his career as a defender).

Having natural for both is odd, especially as a youngster. Most who have played both positions have learnt one or the other over time.

Archived