Super keepers and one-on-ones

I am finding that over 80% (probably more like <90%) of one-one-ones with the keeper are being either kicked directly at the keeper, or the keeper saves it.

Furthermore I have scored more goals from the rebound off of a keeper from a one-on-one than scoring directly from a one-on-one.

Why do superkeepers (ie every keeper) exist. You have programmed this to make it harder for the human manager, no?

most of my opposition keepers (no matter how crap they may be) end up with a 7.5 or 8 rating per match due to all the impossible saves they make.

Good observation, yes I see a lot of keepers getting man of match awards and 8.5+ ratings.

While my strikers languish around 6 as they have had 5 clear cut chances, 24 shots, and 14 shots on target. And haven't scored.

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing when i was reading earlier today.

The same discussion about the same problem was rolling through these forums for another version. can't remember which one either unfortunately.

Seems like it's hard for them to get it right. It's either one thing or the other. Never in between.

Yep, its been said a million times.

Its a mix of things tho, strikers, defending and then keepers.

How many times do you see a striker hit a shot wide when 1 v 1? i havent seen it yet

How many times do you see a player round a keeper? I havent seen it yet ( only seen the keepr come to collect the ball and then the striker beat him to it, which isnt the same )

then theres too many one v ones because wide play isnt working properly in 10.2

So i think its more of the above than a superkeeper issue.

(probably more like <90%)

It's definitely <90%, yep.

Basically, "why is the match engine crap?"

Every time a new patch is about to be released, SI code the match engine perfectly. Then BGS's coders sneak in, notice loads of "bugs", and "fix" them, which actually makes the ME worse. Simples.

but you have to accept they have made it harder to score due to the awful defending - if they didnt then the score would be like 10-5 or something most games. In my opinion, the defending is slowly getting better.

But nobody wants that. People would much rather the match ran it's course. Coding in deliberate mistakes only means that there is more to fix.

I'm not sure how you can really form such an opinion- "superkeepers" were not observed en masse in the unpatched or 10.1 versions. In FM07, they were supposedly too good at dealing with long shots. It was only occasionally moaned about with FM08, and FM09 seemingly focused more on inability to get players to follow instructions. One-on-one superkeepers are very definitely a FM2010.02 occurrence, so either you're contradicting yourself, or you have formed a nonsensical opinion (as the game hasn't been patched since).

We had the exact same problem that we have now in one version of FM09 or 08. Can't remember which.

Possibly 9.0.1, then, although the "superkeeper" phrase nearly disappeared between FM07 and FM10 and iirc it was used differently for FM07.

The game is getting more and more disapointing every year. the best game became a joke. Siga games ar missing the most importand clue of the game...what is football. in fm 2010 i saw a lot of science fiction scenaria. amazing comebacks, super goalkeepers. how is it possible in a game to have around 60-70 shots on and off target? no way this to happend in reality. even if real madrid play with a maltese team we wont have so many goal chances. i m very disappointed by siga games. the only thing they managed to do is cheat us. for example the lot of cryshes in the game are so rediculus. in the demo there was nothing like that, but suddenly in the game is full. pure cheating siga games. shame on you. and stop blaming the computers because most of the systems can play more powerful games. i m sorry for saying that, but you have done the worst game ever. waste of time, waste of money. as far as the match chances i think you misconfused the game with a basketball game. 60 - 70 shots on and off target is realistic there but not in football. you have no idea what is really football. and the worst is that all the time you have excuses about everything. you blame the users, the computers.

The game is getting more and more disapointing every year. the best game became a joke. Siga games ar missing the most importand clue of the game...what is football. in fm 2010 i saw a lot of science fiction scenaria. amazing comebacks, super goalkeepers. how is it possible in a game to have around 60-70 shots on and off target? no way this to happend in reality. even if real madrid play with a maltese team we wont have so many goal chances. i m very disappointed by siga games. the only thing they managed to do is cheat us. for example the lot of cryshes in the game are so rediculus. in the demo there was nothing like that, but suddenly in the game is full. pure cheating siga games. shame on you. and stop blaming the computers because most of the systems can play more powerful games. i m sorry for saying that, but you have done the worst game ever. waste of time, waste of money. as far as the match chances i think you misconfused the game with a basketball game. 60 - 70 shots on and off target is realistic there but not in football. you have no idea what is really football. and the worst is that all the time you have excuses about everything. you blame the users, the computers.

If you don't like the game, don't play it. And if you have nothing constructive to say, don't post.

Is it half term or something. So many pointless childish threads. That has to be the reason. When any of you have something constructive to add, I'll listen, but constantly opening and posting in threads that are just whining about known acknowledged issues is not going to do anything except get peoples backs up.

If you have more evidence to contribute to these known issues put them in the bugs forum in the appropriate thread so SI can keep striving for perfection. Your negative unconstructive comments help no one, especially yourselves, who are obviously the ones who need the patch more than others.

I for one would love to see a screenie of a game with 60-70 shots :D

Is it half term or something. So many pointless childish threads. That has to be the reason. When any of you have something constructive to add, I'll listen, but constantly opening and posting in threads that are just whining about known acknowledged issues is not going to do anything except get peoples backs up.

If you have more evidence to contribute to these known issues put them in the bugs forum in the appropriate thread so SI can keep striving for perfection. Your negative unconstructive comments help no one, especially yourselves, who are obviously the ones who need the patch more than others.

I for one would love to see a screenie of a game with 60-70 shots :D

It just cracks me up whenever I read that. Don't adults know when the school holidays are? :D

It just cracks me up whenever I read that. Don't adults know when the school holidays are? :D

I generally have a rough idea when the holidays are for 2 reasons:

1) the tube is full of ignorant, disrespectful little idiots at times of day it shouldn't

and 2) these forums get flooded with nonsense.

:D

May I add though Vic that I was surprised to see you're age, I'd thought you were older than that, fair play to you for not living up to the stereotype.

I generally have a rough idea when the holidays are for 2 reasons:

1) the tube is full of ignorant, disrespectful little idiots at times of day it shouldn't

and 2) these forums get flooded with nonsense.

:D

May I add though Vic that I was surprised to see you're age, I'd thought you were older than that, fair play to you for not living up to the stereotype.

Thanks, man. I know that people my age can be total prats at times. Though, tbf, people of any age can be prats if they want. :D

It just annoys me when some random person comes in to a thread and states;

"When you have something interesting to say I shall take notice"

Like they're the grand emperor or something.

Dude, look around these forums, you will see the same people posting the same inane nonsense in various threads that as I said are about things that have been acknowledged, therefore they are not adding any value to the forums, just spreading their hate. Which is unnecessary. It may have sounded a bit pompous but I'd say that a large majority of people on these forums agree with my comment.

This forum used to abound with great ideas and ways to actually improve FM without the need to say 'SI suck' 'fanboys suck' 'this game sucks'. Who do these comments help?

It is sad that the safety mechanism employed to avoid large scorelines is a goalkeeper. I mean, they could add a lot more creativity. They could use super defenders with super tackles or super midfielders with super closing down or bad linesmen calling offsides etc.

The way this problem is dealt with (create reasonable scorelines by killing the final shot) is just wrong, thus the millions of complaints.

It is sad that the safety mechanism employed to avoid large scorelines is a goalkeeper. I mean, they could add a lot more creativity. They could use super defenders with super tackles or super midfielders with super closing down or bad linesmen calling offsides etc.

The way this problem is dealt with (create reasonable scorelines by killing the final shot) is just wrong, thus the millions of complaints.

Someone would always complain, no matter which route SI take.

Maybe we could all use FMRTE? What do you think tak?

It's NOT a mechanism added to keep score lows. It has been said time and again that the problem is actually a bug with defending that helps create unrealistic chances, and in turn, these chances aren't actualy as good as they seem, resulting in the goalkeeper seemingly doing better then he should. If this bug wasn't present, then presumably the scores wouldn't change. Instead many people would see goalkeepers getting a more realistic rating, and the user seeing less chances created.

Superkeepers exist to stop every game being 12-10. Theres way, way too many quality chances in FM and the only way to keep the score realistic is to make them miss most of them.

Also players who have just taken shots seem to freeze for a second and totally ignore any rebounds too, that needs to be fixed as well.

1) Super defenders - People would complain that seeing John Terry make a last ditch sliding tackle from Wayne Bridges bedroom is unrealistic.

2) Super Midfielders - People would say that watching midfielders with the poorest stamina and/or Workrate running 70 yards to close down a player throughout the match would be unrealistic.

3) People complain about some calls from linesmen/referees at the moment, so that's already there.

So to do any of those would result in just as many complaints, so that is just a lose-lose for SI?

1) Super defenders - People would complain that seeing John Terry make a last ditch sliding tackle from Wayne Bridges bedroom is unrealistic.

2) Super Midfielders - People would say that watching midfielders with the poorest stamina and/or Workrate running 70 yards to close down a player throughout the match would be unrealistic.

3) People complain about some calls from linesmen/referees at the moment, so that's already there.

So to do any of those would result in just as many complaints, so that is just a lose-lose for SI?

I've often said SI can never win. Whichever path they take, someone will always complain.

Actually between the two explanations:

a) Superkeepers exist as a safety valve to create relistic scorelines and

b) Superkeepers are not superkeepers but a combination of a bug creating unrealisticaly too many chances and a visual glitch that make bad chances look like good ones (I wonder what else they'll come up with)

it is pretty obvious which is the valid one. I rest my case.

Actually between the two explanations:

a) Superkeepers exist as a safety valve to create relistic scorelines and

b) Superkeepers are not superkeepers but a combination of a bug creating unrealisticaly too many chances and a visual glitch that make bad chances look like good ones (I wonder what else they'll come up with)

it is pretty obvious which is the valid one. I rest my case.

I think it's B. :thup:

It's NOT a mechanism added to keep score lows. It has been said time and again that the problem is actually a bug with defending that helps create unrealistic chances, and in turn, these chances aren't actualy as good as they seem, resulting in the goalkeeper seemingly doing better then he should. If this bug wasn't present, then presumably the scores wouldn't change. Instead many people would see goalkeepers getting a more realistic rating, and the user seeing less chances created.

if that's the case then both the 2d and 3d views are so inaccurate that they might as well be worthless

It's to make the game more interesting, nobody would play it if every game had 0 shots and 0-0 bore draws.

But when you have 20 chances each and every game, the games become boring because virtually every chance is an "amazing save" Its just as boring, theres so many chances that its become like basketball, the dullest sport on earth.

But when you have 20 chances each and every game, the games become boring because virtually every chance is an "amazing save" Its just as boring, theres so many chances that its become like basketball, the dullest sport on earth.

That's very interesting. There is an old wise man in this forum that reads football statistics that spring from basketball statistical thought. I wonder if he can appear at this point and advise us...

:eek: Basketball is not dull! :D

No it isn't! Although I do think, more girly than "soccer".

btw Vic came back to see that *other* thread closed. Still think it'd have been funny if not for the tattle tale. :D

I'm still running it in the LLM forum. :thup:

I'm also speaking to a mod. In this case it's a good thing. :)

Archived