Something wrong with this picture?

So, there is a 16 yr old playing for dundalk, in the Irish premiere division. I am managing liverpool.

He turned down a contract offer at £3500 a week from me with a signing on fee of 100k to sign a contract with dundalk (yes, I mean dundalk, it's not a typo) at £5 a week.

I was pretty astounded and just had to check what his ambition was on FMRTE, for the sake of my sanity. It was 14... Dundalk isn't listed as his favourite club and he has no favoured personel.

Very annoying as I will sign him, but instead of paying 60k for him I will now have to pay alot more.

This a bug? roll on new patch.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a regen in a greyed out team in Argentina sign for a Serie B club instead of my Everton side who were roughly the same stature where they are IRL. And he said he wanted to go there because it was such a big club (this club are in Serie B IRL, cant remember which)

@Rawrrface16

Loyalty rating = 6

So, you think this is normal? to take £5 (yes, that's five pounds and not five thousand pounds) a week rather than £3500 (that's three thousand five hundred pounds) a week and play for one of the biggest clubs in the world? He isn't even in there first team. Who, in there right mind, wants to stay in Ireland to play there football career, if it is actually a career in football they want. Short answer is, nobody with half a brain cell.

You really don't see a problem with this picture? come on...

You could offer to 'Approach to Sign' Bojan on FM09 for £120k a week and £4m signing on fee as well as top clauses and stuff, just some people don't want to move :) Not a bug.

I had a regen in a greyed out team in Argentina sign for a Serie B club instead of my Everton side who were roughly the same stature where they are IRL. And he said he wanted to go there because it was such a big club (this club are in Serie B IRL, cant remember which)

There is obviously a problem here, although evertons stature in real life compared to my liverpool teams stature in my game is vastly different. My liverpool side is probably the biggest team in europe now.

You could offer to 'Approach to Sign' Bojan on FM09 for £120k a week and £4m signing on fee as well as top clauses and stuff, just some people don't want to move :) Not a bug.

When did the games players grow there own brains?

Players have stats there for a reason, those reasons determine if a player is going to move to a club or not, amongst other things. The players stats did not, in any way shape or form point to him choosing dundalk over liverpool. I could have understood if he had a high loyalty rating or low ambition, or even favoured staff or club in his profile, he didn't have any of these things.

So, I have come to the conclusion that this must be some sort of bug, or there are other hidden stats that SI have secretly coded into the game which FMRTE can't even find!

What is the point in having stats if they don't work properly?

:eek:

If you can show me a person who would turn down £183,000 a year in favour of £260 a year i will eat my hat.

For me that is a bug.

And to be honest, I can't believe people are also attempting to justify this being included in this game if it isn't a bug.

Haha, If I was on FM09 I could :) Use to be loads of youngsters on there that did it!

you have to wait until he gets a full contract with his present club (not youth contract) or until he gets to 18 years old. It has been like this for the last few games.

I have signed lots of players before they have signed full time contracts though

He could have showed loyalty in another way tho. Did the same as Edwin Van Der Sar did for Fulham IRL. VDS signed a new contract with us when he knew Man Utd were sniffing but had a big club release fee of around £2 million included. He probably knew you'd still be interested in signing him and being Liverpool knew you'd have money to spend. Therefore (in a very long winded and probably not very understandable way) he signed a new contract with his current team to get them more money.

Make sense?

Not a bug, it happens in real life my friend, stop crying and deal with it.

He could have showed loyalty in another way tho. Did the same as Edwin Van Der Sar did for Fulham IRL. VDS signed a new contract with us when he knew Man Utd were sniffing but had a big club release fee of around £2 million included. He probably knew you'd still be interested in signing him and being Liverpool knew you'd have money to spend. Therefore (in a very long winded and probably not very understandable way) he signed a new contract with his current team to get them more money.

Make sense?

So, you think FM is that advanced? That is your counter to what I said? I have heard some nonsense in these forums before, but that's right up there.

I have laid down facts about stats, which is what the game runs on and how it figures things like transfers out. You have just fantasized about what you think it might be without any real evidence.

Let me explain something to you, FM is not able to produce the fantasy which you just described. Maybe when you role play that you're managing, this happens in your head, hence fantasy. It doesn't happen in the game. ;)

Happens in real life but not FM my friend, don't cry about it and deal with it! :thup:

Has he already agreed to sign a contract in the future with Dundalk? If he has I get this quite often with young players, that their existing pre-contract agreement seems to override your bid for them, so it appears they accept a new contract but actually are just staying on the old one. Wait 'til he turns 17 and actually starts that contract (if this is the case) then try to sign him, it should work fine.

is there hired SI muscle on here or something, some of the excuses people are making for this annoying bug are ridiculous.. you all keep telling yourself he'd miss old Granny O' Toole if he left to move to the far away lands of Liverpool (30 minutes on a plane?), which is the reason he must still be on his extravagant 5 pounds a week contract. With his paper round included, thats 10 whole pounds pocket money hes picking up there and maybe just maybe an exciting future in the globally acclaimed Irish football league with the team on everybody's lips Dundalk FC.. Liverwho? :confused:

is there hired SI muscle on here or something, some of the excuses people are making for this annoying bug are ridiculous.. you all keep telling yourself he'd miss old Granny O' Toole if he left to move to the far away lands of Liverpool (30 minutes on a plane?), which is the reason he must still be on his extravagant 5 pounds a week contract. With his paper round included, thats 10 whole pounds pocket money hes picking up there and maybe just maybe an exciting future in the globally acclaimed Irish football league with the team on everybody's lips Dundalk FC.. Liverwho? :confused:

Made me chuckle :D

Make sense?

You cannot compare Fulham to this dundalk team. Fulham are playing in the most popular league in the world while not many would have heard about dundalk. Secondly, you mean to say van der sar rejected United? Did he say "Oh Fergie not now..i will put up a clause in my contract and you can buy me later"????

Hes only 16. A lot of players wouldnt fancy the move at that age. Particularly between countries.
hrrrmmmmmmmmmmessi:rolleyes:

This is clearly a bug, no one in any profession would ever turn down that kind of raise/promotion. Are some folks on here seriously arguing that a player would rather stay on 5 quid a week than move to Liverpool for 3500 a week? Seriously?:eek:

It's no like he's being asked to move 3000 miles to Eastern Europe where the language and culture is so different (even then, it would be a serious consideration for anyone).

Did you ever think maybe he didnt want to leave his family? his girlfriend, his dog, his cat, his gran? not a bug imo

Aye, maybe he'll miss his granny or cat a wee bit:rolleyes: I have to assume your joking.

I could understand if it was only a slight raise, but to go to a much stronger side where he will get paid 700 times more (yes i did the maths) where he can train under some top coaches with great facilities and be the talk of his town back home as the next big star for Irish football if he does well at Liverpool, it just doesn't make sense.

Got to agree with the OP in this one, maybe not a bug, but there is not a single person on the planet who would turn down £3500 a week and £100k handshake to stay on a fiver a week, not one single person!!!

That has me literally laughing out loud!!! And spot on!

So, you think FM is that advanced? That is your counter to what I said? I have heard some nonsense in these forums before, but that's right up there.

I have laid down facts about stats, which is what the game runs on and how it figures things like transfers out. You have just fantasized about what you think it might be without any real evidence.

Let me explain something to you, FM is not able to produce the fantasy which you just described. Maybe when you role play that you're managing, this happens in your head, hence fantasy. It doesn't happen in the game. ;)

Happens in real life but not FM my friend, don't cry about it and deal with it! :thup:

You really are a numpty aren't you!!

The SI team have attempted to make this game as close to real life as possible, therefore the situation I have described could easily be put into the game. Why do you think its impossible? I doubt Edwin Van Der Sar was the first player to ever do it and i', 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure he won't be the last.

Even if it's not possible to build that into the game he probably didn't want to play for a Jose Morinho wannabe. The attitude of 'I can sign anyone i so choose' doesn't always work, Kaka and **** City spring to mind.

Peace out homo!!

The SI team have attempted to make this game as close to real life as possible, therefore the situation I have described could easily be put into the game. Why do you think its impossible? I doubt Edwin Van Der Sar was the first player to ever do it and i', 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure he won't be the last.

Even if it's not possible to build that into the game he probably didn't want to play for a Jose Morinho wannabe. The attitude of 'I can sign anyone i so choose' doesn't always work, Kaka and **** City spring to mind.

Peace out homo!!

Completley different scenario to Kaka and Man City here. Kaka was already playing for a club much more reputable then the one trying to sign him. Even with VDS, this bares virtually no similarities as VDS was on a good contract and already playing at a high standard in the most high profile league in the world.

This though, is a kid who has turned down a big contract from one of the biggest clubs in the world, to sign a paultry contract with a nobody club. IRL, we have seen numerous players from across the globe, leave reasonably famous clubs to join bigger clubs from countries where the player doesn't speak the national language. So are we really supposed to believe that a promising youth player from a very small league is going to turn down a lucrative contract and a chance to develop his abilities further with one of the games biggest names? If you could find one person who would honestly do that, I'll show you an idiot.

Make sense?

Yeh, because that's the same scenario as described by the OP:thdn:

I personally don't see this as a bug.

He's SIXTEEN YEARS OLD. He knows he has a bright future, the money will always be there.

Unless he snaps his cruciate ligamnet. That's a lame excuse there. When I was sixteen, I think I would have quite my semi pro team to go play in the EPL for 3500 a week.

"Nah, I''l give up all that money and the chance to train in world class facilities because I know I can just do it later":rolleyes:

Peace out homo!!

Great argument there, and very well presented. I especially liked the personal attack on my management style and supposed sexual orientation, but the best part has to be the steven hawkins style factual sum you figured out. "99.99999999999999999999999999999999%", now that is precise. :thup:

Just because the SI team have made this game as close to real life as possible, does not mean that players can think for themselves. What planet are you on? I will say it again, and I suggest you hold in that nerd rage and take it on board. The game runs on stats, not imaginary scenarios that YOU think of when role playing as a manager. Sometimes people can be wrong, so don't get mad at me for pointing out some facts.

Do yourself a favour and zip it. You already made an arse out of yourself with your last post, and this one really isn't doing you any more favours.

i'm pretty sure that if you were able to convince messi to sign for burgess hill town in the first season, for a total sum of 10p and a packet of chewits, you'd have at least half a dozen people on here prepared to claim in all seriousness that it was realistic

I'd sign for burgess hill town for a packet of chewits! who wouldn't?? I would finally be able to play alongside my hero, billy Mcfootieturd !!

£5 a week is only his youth contract.. As of yet you don't know what his proffessional terms will be, and like many people have said, alot of young players don't like to move.

Also if he's not getting into the Dundalk team, surely he's going to be even further from first team football at Liverpool?

£5 a week is only his youth contract.. As of yet you don't know what his proffessional terms will be, and like many people have said, alot of young players don't like to move.

Also if he's not getting into the Dundalk team, surely he's going to be even further from first team football at Liverpool?

Another person forgetting that we are talking about 5 pounds vs 3500 pounds and a short plane trip between 2 English speaking countries with similar lifestyles. I can assure you, the training he would recieve at Liverpool would be far superior to Dundalk, it's not about getting into the 1st team aged 16.

Some folks just aren't thinking this through logically at all.:confused:

Has he already agreed to sign a contract in the future with Dundalk? If he has I get this quite often with young players, that their existing pre-contract agreement seems to override your bid for them, so it appears they accept a new contract but actually are just staying on the old one. Wait 'til he turns 17 and actually starts that contract (if this is the case) then try to sign him, it should work fine.

Has everyone ignored this post? It's 100% correct. If you look at his contract screen, it should say "Provisionally agreed to sign a ???p/w professional contract on ????" or something to that effect, which explains why he won't sign for you.

Has everyone ignored this post? It's 100% correct. If you look at his contract screen' date=' it should say "Provisionally agreed to sign a ???p/w professional contract on ????" or something to that effect, which explains why he won't sign for you.[/quote']

But I never said, at any point in this thread, that actually happened.

I think you have missed the point.

Has everyone ignored this post? It's 100% correct. If you look at his contract screen' date=' it should say "Provisionally agreed to sign a ???p/w professional contract on ????" or something to that effect, which explains why he won't sign for you.[/quote']

Seconded, though it is very poorly implemented and rather than flag up the issue just keeps telling you that he has rejected your offer. Same thing happens with retiring youngsters, they keep rejecting you and you have no idea why, until you check their personal screen.

Archived