Where's my birthday message?!?

Kan

I thought that if it was your birthday in real life and the date in FM matched that date, you'd get a happy birthday news message?

I played for ages yesterday (I was in august!) and had to get to February, and the 18th rolled around....and no message - I was gutted!

I checked my tactics, but they seemed ok!

icon_wink.gif

I thought that if it was your birthday in real life and the date in FM matched that date, you'd get a happy birthday news message?

I played for ages yesterday (I was in august!) and had to get to February, and the 18th rolled around....and no message - I was gutted!

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kan:

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Play on until Xmas Day, and Easter Sunday and you'll find you wont get a message for these days either though SI may send a present in the post icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robzilla:

I think you only get it of you're playing an important match on your birthday or something like that. I'm in 2020 and I've not had one. But then I'm not bothered really icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In FM2007 at least, when your in-game birthday, the FM date and the real-life date all lined up, you would get a message saying "Happy Birthday from Sports Interactive" or something similar...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

can someone quickly clarify to me what iirc means...i have stayed anoymomous for many months now and now im just getting frustrated </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'If I remember correctly.'

why would they get rid of such an important moral boosting message, just what you need when you've been on a losing run of 7 or 8 games...

'Your assistant manager informs you that the squad have arranged a surprise birthday party for you instead of attending training this week'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

You would think the team would get us a hooker for our Birthday's, resulting in our son appearing in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not ? This happens IRL too. But wait, son ? Do you dont use condom ?

I very like idea of having brithday party for you/player.

More important player - bigger party.

And when you/players have birghtdays and you play match, then plaers have more determination for good result - to give you/player nioce birthday present.

What difference does this make. We play the game as managers of a footballteam not to recieve Birthday messages. I have played Fm since 2006 and never recieved a birthday message and don't really see the need for on. It doesnt change the gameplay or the enjoyment in the game for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob39874:

What difference does this make. We play the game as managers of a footballteam not to recieve Birthday messages. I have played Fm since 2006 and never recieved a birthday message and don't really see the need for on. It doesnt change the gameplay or the enjoyment in the game for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a matter of personal opinion mate, and I respect that, but I gotta hand it to the guy wh came up with that idea. He's right, I think we should get a greeting. It doesn't hurt to get one don't you think? And its not hard to integrate it into the game. It adds a little bit of human touch to it abit

I've never received any birthday message. Didn't even know there was such a thing in FM.

I suppose if your birthday is at the start of the season and u play the game at the start of the season, you have a happy birthday greeting along with the 'Welcome to the club' one from the chairman. icon_biggrin.gif

man, after analysing the issue I can tell you that its your tactics... icon_biggrin.gif

You should get a birthday party and it should bust the morale of the team. If its on a game they should hug you when scoring. If your player go to the morgue(like on post here) they should do a 1 minute silence for him. And if you drink too much on your birthday party you should be sacked or dont go to the next game...

come on SI! you can do better than this icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frame:

February 18th?

Are you Sir Bobby Robson? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or Jermaine Jenas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frame:

February 18th?

Are you Sir Bobby Robson? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or Jermaine Jenas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could also be Claude Makelele or Roberto Baggio...but then again, I could also be Gary Neville or Keith Gillespie!

which footballers share your birthday!

Archived