Starting to Lose Patience

All,

This is my first post so... GREETINGS !!!

I am sorry if this message appears in other threads but i simply cannot find the correct thread.

I bought FM10 yesterday on digital download from a legitimate site (direct2drive) and paid through PAYPAL (So that you don't all instantly think this is a cracked game). I installed it all ok and begun playing it with a random side last night.

Things were going great until i hit continue on the 26th July 2009 (i now know this date very well).... so i have not even managed to get to the new season yet !!! At this point, the progress bar freezes and does nothing... the app stops working and i have to kill the game.

So i take a look on forums and people recommend using it in windowed mode... so i do this and still the same result......

I then see that there are patches available so i follow the links in this forum... and it turns out to be a waste of space as the patches come down in a totally unusable format.

So i try to "get updates" from the actual opening game screen... which takes me to website that helpfully tells me that... "i need a minor patch... but can't find out where to get it from" (yes... that is the gist of the message). So i go to a very well known game site from where i have got countless numbers of patches for various games and i am pleased to say that i was able to download them... AND install them.... FANTASTIC !!!! i am patched up to 10.2 now... WOOHOOO !!!

HOWEVER... I now can't play the sodding game because when i now try to load the game... it asks for the game disk.... which i don't have and didn't need up until i patched it !!!

I am fast losing patience with this game and would be so greatful if somebody can give me some helpful advise on how to resolve this (other than going to the shop and spending another £30 for the game again)

Thank you in advance...........

Tomer... thank you very much for the prompt response

The honest answer is no i am not sure... i was just happy to find a downloaded patch that worked. The link you have provided in your text is the link i refer to above. the patches (both from the boxed download and the digital download come down in a format that is not recognised by my PC. When i try to run these patches it needs to search the internet for an app but is always unsuccessful.

Any ideas would be appreciated.... if i am being a total Noob then let me know and i will get the game up and running.

Thank in advance

Ah, there's your problem.

Make sure you rename the file and add ".exe" (without quotation marks) to the end of it. Also be absolutely sure you have downloaded the Digital version (not the Boxed) from the link above. It should be about 175MB if I remember correctly.

Hope that helps :)

i had similar probs 2 this on fm09 i updated my drivers on my pc(its free) and used windowed mode and it worked fine...

give ur drivers a update and see if it helps...

doubt its the games prob, its sounds like a pc prob 2 me....

1 way of finding out is either try a new version of the game on ur pc or try ur copy of the game on another pc

The error message is due to the wrong patch being installed. Uninstall, reinstall then download the digital vesrion of the patch to your desktop. Right click on the download icon and click on rename. Add .exe to the end of the file name, close the game then click on the icon and it will self install.

Archived