What's Your proudest FM moment?

Mine was when I bought marcelo in fm 06 then the next year Real Madrid bought him in real life

I was so proud that I've discovered Him on fm before they did in real life :D

till now I am convinced that am the reason he became a pro footballer :D :D

Probably this game in the European Cup. I was quite happy to "only" be down by two goals at half time and would have considered it a good result at full time. I put on two subs in the beginning of the 2nd half; the two forwards who appear in the screenshot, and they had quite a ball (pun intented) the last 11 mins of the game:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6256/chedif.png

The final of the play offs in cocacola league 1, 90th minute, a substitute, second grade striker comes on hits the ball from 55 yards. Catches the keeper off the line.

Greatest moment whistle goes, stafford rangers are into the Championship!

winning the spl 9 times in a row with Hearts and getting a new stadium that holds 53,000. Best moment winning the league on the last day of the season 4 seasons ago with us being 2nd place to Celtic in the race last day away to Hibs 2 points behind need a win and hope Aberdeen get a result at park head because I had the better goal difference Aberdeen won 2-1 after being 1-0 down. The last min at easter road 1-1 and scoreing from the corner seeing the fans jump up and down behind the goals the joys if only in real life.

Winning the league with Villa after taking them over when they were bottom after 10 games. Only dropped points in 3 games all season. And then the following season overcoming two ties in the Champions League after losing the home game 2-0 both times.

Amazing game.

Proudest? Probably spending over 40 years as Wolves manager and having two stadia named after me. Not a 'moment' exactly, but a proud achievement. Can't think of a specific moment right now.

Maybe this actually:

comeback.png

oh and re the OP, I remember signing Denilson for Arsenal on FM06 before they signed him irl. :cool:

Portsmouth on FM09, turned them into a missve club over the period of 10 seasons, winning everything domestically and on the contienent. Got a new stadium, and big signing like Sergio Aguero served the club for his entire carreer, becoming a legend along the way.

surley people arnt claiming they new about players befor anyone else

Yeah they are, makes you laugh doesn't it. I wonder how these 'unknowns' made it into the game in the first place? Oh yeah, that'll be because the researchers and many other people in football actually knew about them and their talents.

My proudest FM memory, taking AC Milan through 2 consecutive unbeaten seasons on FM07, thats unbeaten in ALL competitions. :D

Probably this game in the European Cup. I was quite happy to "only" be down by two goals at half time and would have considered it a good result at full time. I put on two subs in the beginning of the 2nd half; the two forwards who appear in the screenshot, and they had quite a ball (pun intented) the last 11 mins of the game:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6256/chedif.png

That is incredible :D Congratulations!

well ive got three one was when i brought arshavin for man utd before he was really well known. For that reason i am the reason why Arshavin is so famous today :p

Second is when i beat hull with cambridge united in a league cup game. Best game of my life

my last one was on fm 09 which was making blackburn a premier league winner and winning everything which was available during my 5 years their.

I remember telling my best friend the the time of FM07 about a certain Russian player named Andrey Arshavin and how amazing he was. We still agree that I was the one who found him. :D

Same with me mate, signed him for Man City on FM08 and he was quality. Then a good 5 months later he's lining up in the UEFA Cup final and I say to my Dad "He's good that Arshavin.", purely from my FM experience and he goes on to run the game. Then gains a big reputation and signs for Arsenal. Like you, me and my friend both agree I discovered him :p

I've had other things like this too. Not exactly "big" moments but just things FM has done to make me proud. Such as Elano signing for Man City and people asking me if he's any good and probably very stupidly saying "Yeah he's not bad", going off my FM experiences and he turns out to be good. There's been many cases like this though when players have signed for clubs irl and i've known about them from FM, Lorik Cana being one of them.

Yeah they are, makes you laugh doesn't it. I wonder how these 'unknowns' made it into the game in the first place? Oh yeah, that'll be because the researchers and many other people in football actually knew about them and their talents.

I take it you've never heard of sarcasm either?

Leading Byåsen from Norwegian Second Division til Tippeligaen in just three seasons (FM08).

But to be honest, such brilliant achievement was due to having Rosenborg as Parent Club... at least a couple of good prospects on loan every season, and they can make the difference a tier or two below their average level.

Then, as we got promoted to the top level, the link got cancelled, we lost a pre-season friendly 0-6 to Lyn, and FM09 came out... Maybe I still have the save somewhere...

Another nice moment was avoiding relegation in Norwegian Second Division with my custom club, starting with all grey players, little money and even less reputation... I had to sign many many hopeless Free Agents, who even deserted halfway through the season during the summer transfer window. FOR FREE; as they had amateur contract.

Luckly a couple of good performances, and three loanees from Stabæk saved us. But that was a one-off experience...

Too hard, too time consuming and quite frustrating

When me and my Dad had a big long game on FM07, he was Chelsea & I was Arsenal. It was the Champions League Final and he was 2-0 up at HT. He spent ages taunting me and laughing at me and making jokes at my expense. But then; Bang.. Bang.. Bang! I won 3-2 and started running round the house screaming! I was so happy that I've just beaten my DAD in the Champions League Final after being 2-0 down at HT. That bloomin' shut him up for a few days! :D

1. Finding Tranquillo Barnetta on CM03/04, and see him playing for Switzerland and Leverkusen! :)

2. On FM08, beating Sheff Utd with Southampton in play off final of the first season and entering the Premiership.

3. Also FM08, back to back promotions with Solihull Moors (I think the worst team in BSS/BSN on FM08) to League 2...

mine was back at FM08

it was against Juventus in Champions League, we were down 2-0 at half time and i decided to put Kenan Kodro (some of you might recognize him) who is just 17 years old at that time, and he scored a hat-trick against Buffon!

then in the same season, we were through to semi-final and again we faced Juventus and I decided to put Kenan Kodro on the starting lineup, and he scored a goal which I considered the best Ive seen from my own player. He dribbled from the half way line on counter attack, gone past Chiellini and scored a chip goal on the on-rushing Buffon. Guess he just likes playing against Juventus :D

one of mine was when i took over at flamengo on 09 and they where 4th and 10 points behind the leaders with 10 games to go and i won the league with the last game. or on 07 i was southampton and i was 8th in the leagueand had 15 games to go and won 12 and drew 3 to finished second to win promotion to the prem

Buying Zokora and Berbatov for Tottenham on FM05 and then Tottenham actually getting both of these players. I was happy with the latter for a short while. Also creating my home town team in the lowest league and getting them to win the premiership and champions league in 12 years!

Winning the charity shield believe it or not.

Beat liverpool 3-2......this 17 yr old kid i signed scored in the 93rd minute....it was his first touch and he volleyed it past reina. I honestly jumped out my seat I was so happy :D

When me and my Dad had a big long game on FM07, he was Chelsea & I was Arsenal. It was the Champions League Final and he was 2-0 up at HT. He spent ages taunting me and laughing at me and making jokes at my expense. But then; Bang.. Bang.. Bang! I won 3-2 and started running round the house screaming! I was so happy that I've just beaten my DAD in the Champions League Final after being 2-0 down at HT. That bloomin' shut him up for a few days! :D

Classic!:D:thup:

I really enjoy buying 16 year old regens and then watching them turn world class once they hit 24 :). Bought 2 regens when I was at Bayern in my first season (on FM09). I then left Bayern and now 10 years on they are 2 of the best players in the world.

Mine was when I bought marcelo in fm 06 then the next year Real Madrid bought him in real life

I was so proud that I've discovered Him on fm before they did in real life :D

till now I am convinced that am the reason he became a pro footballer :D :D

I removed the text speak - please try to use full words (e.g. "before", not "b4", etc), as we have many users who have English as a second language. Cheers.

i was quite proud when i discovered CB sidnei and bought him to my benfica squad, and one year later IRL benfica actually bought him!

Thats down to the brilliant scouting network of putting a webcam in your room ;)

Mine is getting relegated expected Grimsby Borough to win the league in style 2 league defeats only. The same team has since now won FA VASE. won the league division cup and county cup. Only missing out 1 cup I was in got beat in the quarters so nearly won everything entered.

At level 10 there is about four cups to aim for so 3 wins and the league with the big prize of the amatuer cup equivalent of the Fa cup. I was so proud of my team efforts. Just hope the board dont want to repeat it.

Archived