Lack of football

What do you do with a player who wants more football?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with a player who wants more football?

• Ignore him
    • Give him a few games to shut him up
    • List him
    • Something really clever

Depends on the player. Once I've made the team 'mine' (after about a year of managing the club and signing players/keeping the ones that I want), nearly all of my players know what I want from them and very few have ever complained of a 'lack of football', apart from the odd player who knows I don't want to keep him.

If I was newish to a team and a player was unhappy with a lack of football, I'd assess his attributes, personality and form in reserve games and then see if I want to play him or not.. usually not.

I always get this with my back up keepers who are on the bench in case something happens to my number one.

I always tell them to do well in Training but they only play in cups once I have matched the boards expectations or if my keeper is injured or suspended.

If he wasn't considered a part of the team, he would not be at the club. So I give him a few matches to shup up.

Exactly. Well nearly, in my experience - I would say part of the squad.

Let's assume he's a back-up player I've bought (not someone waiting to exit the club after you've taken over) - he's got to get a game here and there, otherwise I'd just end up rotating back-up players on the transfer market every season, and have to put up with squad harmony falling along with it.

Archived