FM is a good tool for me.

I'm a linguist and spend most of my week learning, French and Spanish at college. Not so long ago I obtained a Spanish language pack for FM which helped a lot with practice of verb conjugations etc. I switched to 'español' and haven't looked back. Very difficult to start with but you get used to it.

I strongly reccomend that if you are learning a language, please give this method a try. I can now play Football Manager in 3 languages icon_wink.gif

Is anyone else currently doing this?

I'm a linguist and spend most of my week learning, French and Spanish at college. Not so long ago I obtained a Spanish language pack for FM which helped a lot with practice of verb conjugations etc. I switched to 'español' and haven't looked back. Very difficult to start with but you get used to it.

I strongly reccomend that if you are learning a language, please give this method a try. I can now play Football Manager in 3 languages icon_wink.gif

Is anyone else currently doing this?

Do you know if there is a German language pack? I've thought about doing this myself, as i'm pretty good with German and usually go over 3-4 times a year, would be interesting to see if it helped me improve lol.

I tried it once but didn't last long, as I was just desperate to play the game itself, and the language difference was just slowing me down really. Only really an option if you're half-decent to begin with. Not for the absolute beginner icon_smile.gif

i did that on pes 2008, only with commentary, so that when i eventually get back from injury, i can pretend i'm colombian or something. icon_biggrin.gif

i suppose its about remembering where words/things are on an fm page in english, but yeah, not for beginners.

I once played a different game in german, i accidentaly deleted it though. Thinking about putting it in Greek then back into English as i will learn some Greek footy words ps I manage Diagoras on my game, thats why its greek.

i got FM05 in brazil, i don't speak portuguese but my spanish is strong.

still, I didn't use to interact with the media much!

a few times something would slip and i'd say something totally outrageous by error

so to compensate in the gameworld i always set my managers not to speak the local language

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I tried it once but didn't last long, as I was just desperate to play the game itself, and the language difference was just slowing me down really. Only really an option if you're half-decent to begin with. Not for the absolute beginner icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IDK. If you play FM enough, you will know where all the buttons are anyway icon_wink.gif

Definately not for a beginner of course lol

'it probably depends on whether the translation is of good quality.' If you were at a level in a language where this was a problem and you understand even through the context of the sentence. I wouldn't reccomend it.

Nomis07 - Yes I have a German language pack if you would like it. I don't know how I could send it though. Emails are not allowed on these forums I believe.

Archived