Wonderkid regens in the decline?

I was having problems finding quality young kids to scout in my save and since 10.3 was coming around I loaded up Genie and found this

My game at 2024

Players with CA at 170 or above: 53

Players with PA at 170 or above with 26 as age limit: 121

Compared to a fresh start DB:

Players with CA at 170 or above: 43

Players with PA at 170 or above with 26 as age limit: 228

That is almost half.

The best three players in my team (2018/9) are all regens.

Very good anecdote. I would definitely read again.

On a more serious note, i tihnk its quite apparent that regens are still a soft issue in the game. I wouldnt go as far as saying theyre broken, but its clear that there are still some issues - even beyond simple numbers. Attributes dont match for example - far too often i have seen CB's with rubbish jumping. Its nonsensical.

More like nerfed mate, regens have been awful. Perhaps I don't expect the odd Ronaldo every two years but there quality of the regen are truly awful, standards are dropping everywhere as you go forward. Agree with you about stupid stats, there are the few players who are pretty good but with rubbish stats in crucial attribute. All the regens have some sort of weird 1-5s in crucial strats they need and cant be retrained because theyre not suited for other positions.

Yeah, I'm only 6 years into the future but I can definitely tell that regens are not as good as the players they are replacing. I constantly fill my youth team with the best regens I can find, and so far the majority of the ones that have actually aged our of their teens aren't even good enough for lower Prem sides, let alone my squad (Chelsea). There are a couple exceptions, I do have a 4 star regen keeper, and I also have a 4.5 star midfielder who is very similar to Essien (more attack based, better aerial, but slightly less fit and defensive) and is valued at $40,000,000. But these two players are the best of their position by far of any regens. Teams like United, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc, are finding more success playing 34 year olds than youths.

Maybe depends on your database level. I've had no problems with regens. If anything, thought they were better.

Well me database size didn't change mid game so I am not sure what you are getting at. Basically I showed that with my database I use after 20+ years the average PA of players is half of what I started with. The reason CA is 10 higher is my strategy of buying young players then selling them at their peak for max profit but my pool of PA players is so much smaller now compared to when I started.

tl&dr: Your argument is irrelevant

Have to admit, the overall number of quality regens could be better. Did post a similar discussion here a number of weeks ago.

Attributes dont match for example - far too often i have seen CB's with rubbish jumping...

Agree with this too and was another part of my discussion.

Although I did come across a potential worldy CB who's attribs were as you would expect... but he was 5' 2". Think that might be a bug?

I have only found one wonderkid in my save. 2027. What I have noticed in my save is all the great regens especially strikers are all from Turkey.

They are a right pain to sign. They spend the first year being homesick and another 3 learning the language.

I think next time I need to start with a bigger database.

I have only found one wonderkid in my save. 2027. What I have noticed in my save is all the great regens especially strikers are all from Turkey.

They are a right pain to sign. They spend the first year being homesick and another 3 learning the language.

I think next time I need to start with a bigger database.

how big is your database now and how many leagues

Umm.. How about try answering the question. What is your database size?

The argument is absolutely relevant. Because you don't see it it's not our problem. Again, try answering the question.

I start with x database size with y PA prospects. I then fast forward to Z year and x is still the same but y has decreased by half.

That is why it is completely irrelevant. x is a constant no matter whose game it is. If I started with x being the biggest DB possible this would still follow my ratio and y will decrease over the years and the same as if x is the smallest possible.

ratios ftw

Archived