Regen problems

Hey there...

I have just started my 10th season as Arsenal, and had so much fun in doing so, however the lack of good regens is ruining the game. I would say theres only about 5 or 6 real quality regens on the game which have got to the level of a current top player, so you can imagine how much the quality of the game has dipped.

All the top European sides are forced to continue with the real life players from the start of the game ( Prime example is Barca having to play Ibrahimovic until he was 35 with 3 pace ) and the quality of the game has declined, big time. I know i'm playing as Arsenal and i should be doing well, but being able to play my 2nd team and youth players all the way to the 1/4 finals of the CL and most other cup competitions shouldnt be all so possible. All the european elite simply cannot sign enough quality players to make any competition anywhere near competitive. I have a huge advantage obviously, as i snap up a lot of the best talent, but there should be more of it, my reserve side has about 10-15 regens which could turn into good players, 1 or 2 could be worldclass ( got one dubbed the next Platini )

Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool have signed very average players for 5 seasons now and are simply not much of a force, same can be said for Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus etc etc etc. The only team able to play at any sort of high quality level is Manchester City simply because of the money spent on the real life players which keeps them going, but spending 22 million on a 33 year old CB to keep up is hardly going to keep them there for more than a couple of seasons.

I have asked a few of my friends playing lesser teams and they seem to be having the same problems ( one friend playing as Rotherham is having the same issues as me )

My main issue with the regens is there pretty much all have a 2-3 or even 4 vitals stats for their position, which no ammount of training could possibly recover enough to make them as good as say a......Ashley Young. I realise we shouldnt be getting 5 Ronaldo's and a new Messi or two every season, but theres a total lack of quality in the game for me now, and it feels like 9 seasons wasted. I have had to start a new game to get it anything like competitive again, yeah i could play as a lesser team, but it would only be the same when i get to this stage of the game.

Anyone having such problems?

Archived