What the hell does this mean?

For my next managing job, I decided to take over Man City. I am now in year 2030 and Man City have become a Championship team. They had been in the Championship for 7 years before I took over. In my first season, I won the Championship and got promoted into the Premiership. I have only played 6 games into the Premiership, but seeing as I am in fourth place when the expectations were for me to just avoid relegation, I think its pretty good. And have I just gotten into the third round in the Carling Cup. So I think I am doing well.

So can anyone tell me what this message means?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/Viazon/others/u...led.jpg?t=1204064530

For my next managing job, I decided to take over Man City. I am now in year 2030 and Man City have become a Championship team. They had been in the Championship for 7 years before I took over. In my first season, I won the Championship and got promoted into the Premiership. I have only played 6 games into the Premiership, but seeing as I am in fourth place when the expectations were for me to just avoid relegation, I think its pretty good. And have I just gotten into the third round in the Carling Cup. So I think I am doing well.

So can anyone tell me what this message means?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/Viazon/others/u...led.jpg?t=1204064530

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viazon:

No Im not. I started my game without any pathces or updates and Ive got such a huge and interesting game going, I didnt wanna get any updates because it would delete my game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doesn't delete your game, and will fix some of the confidence bugs icon14.gif

FFS patch the game. I am still playing the game I started on day 1.

When first patch came out (8.0.1 Beta 1) I installed it and carried on my save.

When the second patch came out (8.0.1 Beta 2) I installed it and carried on my save.

When the third patch came out (8.0.1 Final) I installed it and carried on my save.

When the fourth patch came out (8.0.2) I installed it and carried on my save.

At no point did my game get magically deleted. Nor did this happen to anyone else who has installed any of the patches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

That's odd being pleased over a 2-1 win over leicster but complaining about long term ambitions. Leicster should be the least of their worries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leicster are actually a really good team on my game now and have actually won the Premiership, The UEFA Cup and FA Cup on a number of occasions. So beating them with a newly promoted team was a good acheivment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yunny:

Corrected: Lots of ridiculous goals, none by you. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corrected. Lots of ridiculous goals, only by you.

Either that or my record of 57 games played, 226 scored, 10 against doesn't prove anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eaglealan64:

You need to patch, no reason not to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was told by a friend of mine that any sort of patch or update would delete your old game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viazon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eaglealan64:

I was told by a friend of mine that any sort of patch or update would delete your old game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your friend is completely wrong. All patches are save game compatible.

I was told by a friend of mine that any sort of patch or update would delete your old game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are too worried just backup the old save first then move it back afterwards.

Absolutely not true. The only disadvantge of patching a saved game as opposed to starting a new game after the patch is that not all the changes are made immediately. Some don't take effect until after you start the next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ka-Pa-Ro:

you will not be offered a new contract, happened to me too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point is, this issue is resolved in the patch. The only items that don't change instantly are generally competition rules and such. AFAIK the confidence issue should change within a month and they'll be delighted with him.

Archived