Turn Sackings off?

Its a bad idea, sacking are part of the real world. What they should do though is give you the ability of managing the youth or reserve sides and get promoted from within. Take B teams in Spain or Portugal, the Manager is never given the chance of managing the first team when IRL it happens all the time.

Its a bad idea, sacking are part of the real world. What they should do though is give you the ability of managing the youth or reserve sides and get promoted from within. Take B teams in Spain or Portugal, the Manager is never given the chance of managing the first team when IRL it happens all the time.

Yes this would be a nice feature. I believe it's currently possible to become manager of B/C teams, but the board gives you no consideration when appointing a new manager for the senior squad. The assistant manager becomes caretaker in the current in-game system until an appointment is made.

IRL when the manager is sacked, the current B team manager becomes caretaker. Usually a manager with more experience is appointed after review. However, Pep Guardiola stayed on after he was promoted from Barcelona Atletic. This sometimes happens and it would be great if player managers could follow in similar footsteps of Pep.

No way to do it.

But, if you get sacked, just add a new manager to the game as soon as you get sacked. Then, yourself, in the guise of the new manager, can take the job and you can effectively pick up where you left off.

Yeah that's what I plan on doing, thanks for the help guys!

The people arguing against this option for the sake of realism should consider the fact that this is a game, and that it already contains a TON of unrealistic options (everything from taking over Man Utd as a rookie manager to being a female manager for a top club to turning real player names off)

Why would you want to do that? Sackings are part of the game of football and are based upon performance. if you don't perform you lose your job.

And this isn't real life football management. It's a computer game where you can play the game any way you would like it personally.

In the end it's just for entertainment, because if people would've/could've been real life managers they probably would go for that, instead of pretending, in front of a computerscreen.:D

The people arguing against this option for the sake of realism should consider the fact that this is a game, and that it already contains a TON of unrealistic options (everything from taking over Man Utd as a rookie manager to being a female manager for a top club to turning real player names off)

LOL.. Well said. And these same people who complain about realism are the ones in there exploiting the player search function, using super tactics, editing in wonderkids, and whatever they else they do to take Blue Square sides to the Premiership.

Although there'll be uproar when I say it, I'm all for an option being added to future FM's whereby the player can't get sacked. Would be good for those who struggle with the game to finally enjoy a long-term save.

If you don't like it, simply ignore the option and your game is unaffected.

Although there'll be uproar when I say it, I'm all for an option being added to future FM's whereby the player can't get sacked. Would be good for those who struggle with the game to finally enjoy a long-term save.

If you don't like it, simply ignore the option and your game is unaffected.

Our game isn't unaffected. When such an option is coded, large sections of code need to be rewritten- confidence, morale, form, even relegation. That would take hours of coding away from the "old" game. A bug in the ME? It needs to be fixed in both versions. Players not reacting correctly to a media question? It needs to be fixed in both versions. A new feature to do with the changing of managers added (let's say the potential for a Benitez-Liverpool-Klinsmann situation)? Major re-adjustments to the "new" game, as well as adding the feature to the "old" game.

Our game isn't unaffected. When such an option is coded, large sections of code need to be rewritten- confidence, morale, form, even relegation. That would take hours of coding away from the "old" game. A bug in the ME? It needs to be fixed in both versions. Players not reacting correctly to a media question? It needs to be fixed in both versions. A new feature to do with the changing of managers added (let's say the potential for a Benitez-Liverpool-Klinsmann situation)? Major re-adjustments to the "new" game, as well as adding the feature to the "old" game.

That shouldn't be the gamers concern though. If it ever was to be implemented it would be because it would be possible.

If it would work the way it should would depend on how good the makers are at making the game the way they intend it to be.

They've many times added stuff that really hasn't been completed but been tweaked and re-written a few times.

If it would be there it would be there because it would be possible. What would be rewritten, how it would be coded etc. would be the makers problem.

Until there's a definite no or yes, there's no harm in wishing it would be there and giving the reasons to why some people wants it in.

Likewise, there's no reason why I shouldn't say why I don't want it in.

All turning off sackings would do is make it harder to win. Once the players had lost faith in you, morale was at "Very poor" across the board, you'd lost 10 straight games, the players couldn't motivate themselves, and so on, you'd have next to no chance of turning it around. If you happened to win a game, you'd then probably lose the next one. The player would just get bored and quit, as they'd probably do if they got sacked.

Let's say they don't. I imagine they'd go spiraling down the leagues, until they get to a point (often only one or two relegations) where they've dropped out of the playable leagues and get sacked.

And this isn't real life football management. It's a computer game where you can play the game any way you would like it personally.

In the end it's just for entertainment, because if people would've/could've been real life managers they probably would go for that, instead of pretending, in front of a computerscreen.:D

Yea, but surely the whole addiction to the game is the feeling that you really are football manger, isn't it? ;)

Likewise, there's no reason why I shouldn't say why I don't want it in.

All turning off sackings would do is make it harder to win. Once the players had lost faith in you, morale was at "Very poor" across the board, you'd lost 10 straight games, the players couldn't motivate themselves, and so on, you'd have next to no chance of turning it around. If you happened to win a game, you'd then probably lose the next one. The player would just get bored and quit, as they'd probably do if they got sacked.

Let's say they don't. I imagine they'd go spiraling down the leagues, until they get to a point (often only one or two relegations) where they've dropped out of the playable leagues and get sacked.

Absolutely. There's no reason at all to not say why you shouldn't say you don't want it in.

When players are getting bored now they quit and start over again already. So that aspect from that players point of view would still be the same, whether he/she would be unsackable or not.

If they would go spiraling down the league, and end up being outside the managable league system then that would be sort of an issue.

I would imagine that most people would start a new game before that point. But for those who would just continue. At least they would still have a chance with the same team and tactics to find out what's wrong.

It's easier to find out when it's all your making instead of starting from scratch and don't know if it's the tactic from the previous manager and/or the players themselves.

At least the player (manager) will know that something needs to be done and, i would imagine, that it would be a bit easier to figure out what's wrong with the players own setting.

How the players in the game would react concerning motivation and issues with the club/manager is something that, of course, would have to be a bit different from the regular style.

But if the makers can make it work then it shouldn't be a concern (well...you know :p)

To compare it.....probably around 50% of the features that's in the game now, i don't use at all. Personally i don't see the point in all those features being there at all, since i don't use them.

But i do understand that there are a few more thousand people more than me that probably are using those features. And they can have them for me. All i need to do is just to play the game the way i want it to, and don't worry about how they should implement future features that i won't use.

I presume that if it would be implemented it would be because it would be doable.

And the feature would be there in a way that would please those who wants the feature, and those who don't want the feature.

Yea, but surely the whole addiction to the game is the feeling that you really are football manger, isn't it? ;)

Well......kinda. I don't really think too much, personally, about that i'm the manager. I just put my own thoughts and ideas from my experience and knowledge as a coach into the game to see how far i can get.

But yeah. That's the idea :)

Archived