Can't believe this happened AGAIN - funny story for some of you

A little story some of you may find funny:

I'm now im 2021 with Villa. I have won 7 leagues, 5 in the last 5 years, 5 FA Cups, 1 League Cup and the Europa League when i was on my way up.(4-2 in the final against Real MAdrid, coming back from a 2-0 half-time deficit - this is relevant to the rest of the story)

However, the best I've ever managed in the champions league is to reach the semi-finals. 4 times. Here's the story of each tie:

vs Juventus, each team won 1-0 at home in close games and I lost on penalites. Fair enough.

vs Real Madrid, I won 3-0 at Bernabeu and then lost 7-2 at Villa Park, never suffered a defeat like this before or since.

vs Real Madrid (2nd attempt), I won 2-0 at Bernabeu and then lost 3-0 at Villa Park. Starting to get very frustrating.

vs Real Madrid (3rd attempt), Drew 1-1 at Bernabeu. A little bit annoyed as their reserve kepper, Adan, got motm and a rating of 8.5 for keeping out my 5 clear cut chances. Drew 1-1 at Villa Park. Extra time, scored in the 93rd minute. All was going swimmingly until Akinfeev decides in the 117th minute to go up for a routine cross and drop it onto the head of their striker. Madrid through on away goals.

Their reserve keeper again got motm and a rating of 8.2, whereas Akinfeev for me gets 5.9. I scouted their keeper after and he is 1 star in comparison to Akinfeev's 4 stars.

The game hates me :confused:

You should use an editor and set Real up as a rival after all those near misses.

I have also noticed some horrible come backs in the Champions League semi finals. This past season (2012/13) my Newcastle side took a 4-1 lead to Juventus only for them to do me 4-0 at their place, gifted two goals by defensive mistakes. To look at the match stats you would swear we should of at the worse drew the match.

I don't feel as down after reading your tale, makes my one loss look like a blip.

Archived