holiday games

anybody else run a holiday game for any period of time? i have moved onto 2026 by doing one. only run the english leagues down to BSS/BSN. some of the notable things over 18 years on my game...

premier league- man city have won the title 10 times in last 13 seasons. arsenal have won it the other 3. liverpool are nearly always in the top 3 but yet to win the title! man utd have collapsed to mid table as have chelsea. notts county are a top 6 side and norwich are also in top 6 with a tycoon as chairman.

championship- the biggest surprise here is that rushden are a top half side. hereford and grimsby are also in this division.

league 1- wigan and fulham are struggling in the bottom half for the last few seasons. kettering are about to start in this league.

league 2- nothing over shocking. boston are a mid table side after coming up from the unibond. cambridge city also spent 2 seasons here.

BSP- biggest collapse of the lot. middlesboro who went up to the premier in the 1st season on my game are now set to start their 1st season in this division after 4 relegations in 6 seasons.

BSS/BSP darlington and dagenham are in these 2 leagues. wrexham just got promoted back to BSP after a few seasons down here as well.

world cup- england won in 2010 and in 2026 beating the mighty scotland in the final

I love the odd holiday game in which I like to run an experiment, although I don't really record what I find out very much.

On FM2009 I put French and Russian clubs into debt, and made Welsh and Icelandic teams rich. I also changed Iceland's league reputation to 17.

After about 30 years Iceland's teams had got quite strong, although they never won a European competition. The French and Russian teams did dip for a bit, but recovered in time. The Welsh teams did nothing of note.

I find this sort of thing a nice relaxing break from 'normal' FM playing myself.

Archived