Do Young Players Grow In Height

I was looking around for decent young players for my Derby reserve team, there are a few 16, 17 year old CB's where there height is in the 170-odd cm's, and i was wondering if by the time they hit 20, 21 whether they would grow into a decent height for their position.

I am not 100% sure of the correct answer, but going from experiance of prev games I would assume not. Check your own youth team, you on occassions will have regens at as small as 5 foot 4 and as tall as 6 foot 6, and I have yet to see them grow. I normally get rid of keepers and centre backs under 6 foot, would be great if si could code something to "grow" players tho'.

I was looking around for decent young players for my Derby reserve team, there are a few 16, 17 year old CB's where there height is in the 170-odd cm's, and i was wondering if by the time they hit 20, 21 whether they would grow into a decent height for their position.

Yeah, 16 and 17 year olds seem to continue to grow until they hit 18. They then seem to ground to a halt.

I am not 100% sure of the correct answer, but going from experiance of prev games I would assume not. Check your own youth team, you on occassions will have regens at as small as 5 foot 4 and as tall as 6 foot 6, and I have yet to see them grow. I normally get rid of keepers and centre backs under 6 foot, would be great if si could code something to "grow" players tho'.

Ochoa is 5 foot 10 and probably the best keeper in the game lol

Archived