Option to go down to 10 men

This is the scenario:

- I'm Liverpool

- We're playing MK Dons in the FA Cup Third Round

- After 60 minutes we're already 3-0 up.

- After 70 minutes we've used all three of our substitutes, the last because of a 'white mark' injury.

Now, in the 80th minute Dirk Kuyt gets a 'green mark' injury. When players get these injuries i always sub them off because if you don't, if you leave them to play on, they inevitably have to have a few weeks on the sidelines. If you sub them off, more often than not they are fine.

But i've used all my subs, so i can't: Kuyt has to play the remaining 10 minutes plus injury time with an injury. As a result, he's out for 3-4 weeks and i'm not a happy manager. Given that we were in cruise control against a much weaker opponent, i would have happily gone down to 10 men for the last moments of the game. But this was not possible.

Should this not be possible? If a players injury is so bad he has to come off, you may be forced to go down to 10 men if all your subs are used, so i don't see the difference between deciding to do it with a player having a 'lesser' injury. It's annoying to not be able to. I often leave my last sub until quite late with the fear that Gerrard or Torres might get a knock and not be able to be brought off, leaving them out of the next few games.

It is possible. If you try and sub him off for anyone on the bench who hasn't come off it will come up with some sort of message saying "You cannot make anymore subs as you have made your alloted 3. Do you want to play on with 10 men?" Or summit along those lines and you click yes and you're away.

It is possible. If you try and sub him off for anyone on the bench who hasn't come off it will come up with some sort of message saying "You cannot make anymore subs as you have made your alloted 3. Do you want to play on with 10 men?" Or summit along those lines and you click yes and you're away.

:thup:

Very useful feature.

it would be helpful but it makes a mockery of the game, you wont see that in real football so theres no reason why you should be able to do it in FM

Man Utd have done it this season - during their big defensive injury crisis, they had only Evra, Brown and Neville available and midfielders in defence.

Neville got injured during the game, and that used up their last sub. Later, Brown took a knock. They decided to take Brown off because they couldn't afford to risk losing their only fit centre back if he aggravated the injury.

it would be helpful but it makes a mockery of the game, you wont see that in real football so theres no reason why you should be able to do it in FM

I seem to remember Aaron Lennon refusing to play on when 'arry wanted him to not so long ago.

Archived